SHOWROOM IMPRESSION: 2023 Acura Integra A-Spec (also TLX and MDX)

-Styling's a bit nicer in person than pictures.  Decent looking car.  (exceptions below)

-I actually thought the interior trim was decent in terms of quality.  I think some in the press and in forums have ripped it, I think for an Acura compact, it's fine.  Decent plastics, good seats, I liked the shiny grill like motif on the vents and other trim.

-Fairly spacious for a compact.  It's a larger compact.  It's still not a midsize though.  Lots of window area contributes to a very open feeling and the feel of spaciousness.

-Really like the hatchback and trunk space.

-Stick is available (a dying breed) even if it's a pricey thing.

-All around, an improvement over the TLX.

DISLIKES:

-I just don't like that character line that starts at the C pillar / rear side window and slashes crossways through the side profile of the car.  Sorry, it's awkward on a sedan / hatch like this.

-"Ipod growing out of the dash" look sucks.

-The display where you would normally expect gauges looks small.  I can't recall what trim package this was.

-This car should have a 2.0 turbo, not a pissy little 1.5; especially for the price.

-Acura is really just 'premium Honda', the Acura's getting nicer simply highlights how milquetoast the newer Hondas have become.

SUMMARY:

I like this rig, I'd like to test drive it sometime.  It's not the kind of car I am looking for but I don't think it deserves the full brunt of criticism it's been getting.  It IS a semi-cool ride and a big upgrade over the ILX.

Still, Acura only has themselves to blame for the criticism.  Put the 2.0 turbo in it for this price and lose the dumb cut line on the side and maybe we've got something worth the sticker price with some discount of course.