• Sign in to follow this  

    Audi Plans More RS Crossovers


    • Audi Sport's boss says there will be more crossovers wearing the RS badge

    The only Audi crossover that has the vaunted RS badge is the Q3, but that is going changing in the near future.

    Speaking with Car and Driver, Audi Sport boss Stephan Winkelmann said there would be more RS-badged crossovers in the near future.

    “We don’t have a big lineup. The right cars means having them in segments that are growing, and also segments that are equally distributed in the regions of the world. Therefore a CUV shift is due; we are working on it, and you will see it coming.”

    Sources have previously said that the Q7 and upcoming Q8 will get the RS treatment. There is also the possibility of an RS Q5. One item you will not see under the hood of any RS crossover is a diesel engine.

    "If I have to put money down for an investment which has to make a return worldwide, then diesel will never be the priority,” said Winkelmann.

    Source: Car and Driver



      Report Article
    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    Following AMG in product planning, as is BMW.  In a couple years there will be M versions of X 2 through 7 and RS versions of Q 3 through 8.  Performance crossover is the next hot market but you don't have to wait til 2019 for these guys to do it, AMG will sell you one today.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    19 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    Following AMG in product planning, as is BMW.  In a couple years there will be M versions of X 2 through 7 and RS versions of Q 3 through 8.  Performance crossover is the next hot market but you don't have to wait til 2019 for these guys to do it, AMG will sell you one today.

    The next niche AMG needs to hop on is performance cargo vans...offer AMG versions of the Metris and Sprinter.   (Though I've seen some w/ AMG badges added in Scottsdale)

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    32 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

    The next niche AMG needs to hop on is performance cargo vans...offer AMG versions of the Metris and Sprinter.   (Though I've seen some w/ AMG badges added in Scottsdale)

    :roflmao::metal:  AMG Sprinter, Marketing tag line "We get it to you faster!"

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    21 minutes ago, dfelt said:

    :roflmao::metal:  AMG Sprinter, Marketing tag line "We get it to you faster!"

    Maybe Ford can do a fleet of ST-spec Transits also...for Amazon (in Phoenix Amazon's fleet for home delivery are Transits). 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

    Maybe Ford can do a fleet of ST-spec Transits also...for Amazon (in Phoenix Amazon's fleet for home delivery are Transits). 

    O'hhhhhh I can see it now a Ford FPV line of Transit!

    • Transit
    • Transit ST
    • Transit RS

    Race your package delivery person today in a new ST or RS version of Transit! :roflmao: 

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, dfelt said:

    O'hhhhhh I can see it now a Ford FPV line of Transit!

    • Transit
    • Transit ST
    • Transit RS

    Race your package delivery person today in a new ST or RS version of Transit! :roflmao: 

    As crazy as these ideas are, I'd love to drive a high performance cargo van... 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

    Guest
    You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.