NISSAN NORTH AMERICA ANNOUNCES SEPTEMBER SALES
FRANKLIN, Tenn. (Oct. 2, 2012) – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today reported September U.S. sales of 91,907 units versus 92,964 units a year earlier, down 1.1 percent. Nissan Division sales decreased 2.4 percent for the month at 82,462 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles were up 11.4 percent over the prior year, to 9,445 units.
- Nissan Division posted sales of 82,462 units, down 2.4 percent from last September’s 84,485 units.
- Sales of the Nissan Rogue crossover rose 12.7 percent to 12,106 units, setting a new volume record for September.
- Pathfinder SUV sales rose 38.7 percent over a year ago, to 3,205 units, contributing to an overall rise in truck sales of 3.3 percent.
- Sales of the all-electric Nissan LEAF totaled 984 units, the highest volume for any month in the past 12 months.
- Infiniti today reported sales of 9,445 units for September, an increase of 11.4 percent from 8,479 units a year earlier.
- Infiniti FX sales of 1,659 marked an increase of 127.6 percent, with the luxury performance crossover showing an increase of 5.7 percent to 7,462 units for the year.
- Sales of the new Infiniti JX 7-passenger luxury crossover totaled 2,251 in September, and 14,353 units have been sold since deliveries began in March.
- Infiniti luxury crossovers and sport utility vehicles had an increase of 107 percent in September, and are up 63.6 percent for year.
- In total, Infiniti September sales were the best since 2007, and marked five straight months of double-digit increases.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. September had 25 selling days both in 2012 and 2011.