4th Gen tune up?

A 95 Camaro that is with the 3.4L V6. I was wondering if anyone had some tips to change the plugs. and wires. The owner is thinking of replacing Coilpack too. which i dont think is needed.

The right side is easy but the left side might be done best i think if I take the Alternator off and some pointless emission crap off to.

If I remember right from the last time I did a tune-up on a Camaro with a 3.4 you had to remove the alternator, but that's it. there's a rather simple test to see if a coil is going bad on those cars (move the coil to another set of cylinders, see if the skip moves). Ohter than that, the only real recommendations I have for it is to use AC Delco plugs and good, quality set of plug wires.

Yeah, the manifolds that Chevy was nice enough to place onto the 3.8 in the F-bodies don't make any job easy on that car.

165677[/snapback]

No kidding. I couldn't change my spark plugs until I got headers (although it was only at 55,000 miles, so they were JUST due for service).

Actually NOS, your Camaro should have had AC Delco platinum tip plugs which are "supposed" to be good for 100,000 miles (I've seen them last as little as 85k, or as long as 152k).

166246[/snapback]

Well, if my car didn't have those before, it does now. Edited by NOS2006

hmmm.. thats not really plauseable for me though. I might just take off some of that emmisons crap and put new gaskets on it. I hope the dealer carrys those gaskets since I dont trust autozone or murrays.

Also Im not comfortable put some one elses car on my old ramps.

But Thanks alot 76, NOS, and Zhawk.

Caprice, yank the EGR valve out of the way, you should be able ot get to them that-a-way. If you have to pull the plenum (upper intake manifold) and gain access by having it. If you've got a Car Quest in the area, I know we should have them. AutoZone should also have the gaskets and I can't knock their gaskets. Fel-Pro is a good brand and I haven't had any problems with the ones I've used in the past. Just make sure you tell whomever parts person you're dealing with to pull the gaskets.