Time travel!

Wow... this reminds me of just how much cooler the Sky is

compared to all the other Saturns ever made combined.

The L series was a great car but it couldn't make up for the

craptastic lineup... the Sky & a redesigned VUE will do well

for Saturn. If it was up to me... I'd even give Saturn a Zeta

car and position it as their flagship to battle the Avalon.

The L series was a great car but it couldn't make up for the

craptastic lineup... the Sky & a redesigned VUE will do well

for Saturn. If it was up to me... I'd even give Saturn a Zeta

car and position it as their flagship to battle the Avalon.

167458[/snapback]

That's just retarded. Chevrolet's Zeta would go up against the Avalon that whatever Hyundai is kidding themselves with in terms of a RWD car.

Saturn shouldn't go larger than Aura as far as cars go. There will be plenty of saturation with a Zeta Impala/MC(?), G8, and Invicta/Riviera(?). Its the same reason Chevrolet was never given a G-body - there's a lack of prestige and need for such a car in their lineups.

Wait, is this what Saturn's website was in 2001?

Substituting "Saturn" in the URL for any other GM brand works as well. They all feature that brand's 2001 lineup, but the design seems more advanced than it would've been in 2001.

I liked the S-Series sedans, but that was back in 1996 when the 2nd generation arrived, and I had even considered buying one. By 2001, it was getting dated. The L-Series was a failure, as with many of the vehicles GM brought over from Europe. Though re-engineered and built in the U.S., the L-Series did not feel feel like a high-quality vehicle, and in the marketplace, it seemed to slot between the Civic/Corolla and Camry/Accord. I do like the VUE, but it also reeks of cheap. Still Saturn was more about the experience/community than the vehicles.

The L series was a great car...

167458[/snapback]

Lay the peyote down. I liked my L200, it was a decent automobile, handled better than one would expect, but great? Not even close. Too many things breaking (there have been 3 in my family, non of them have been reliable) too much noise, horribly cheap interior, lotsa noise, cramped back seat, lotsa noice. The L-series couldn't beat itself in a car mag comparo.