Kool Deadwood Nites

The end of august the city of Deadwood, SD (Sound Familiar?, HBO) will host the Annual Kool Deadwood Nites car show.

" August 24-27, 2006

Relive the 50’s and 60’s with our Kool Deadwood Nites celebration August 24 – 27. This four-day event features over 500 classic cars with parades, show and shines, classic car auction and two days of absolutely FREE concerts featuring the finest entertainers. Approximately 10,000 people will attend." -Chamber of Commerce

(10,000 people, lol only a 1,000 live here, :lol: )

Event Calendar

Thursday, August 24th

4pm to 8pm: Car registration at Deadwood Gulch Resort Convention Center

Kool Deadwood Nites "Family Nite" 6pm-10pm - Deadwood Gulch Convention Centerfeaturing the Abbey Road Band

Friday, August 25th

DD and the Fayroh’s

Bobby Vee – Rubber Ball, Devil or Angel

Jay Siegel & The Tokens – Breezy, The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Barbara Lewis - My mama told me, Hello Stranger, Puppy Love

The Coasters – Yakety Yak, Charlie Brown, Young Blood

Saturday, August 26th

The Abbey Road Band – Beatles Tribute

DD and the Fayroh’s - Local Favorite

Bobby Vee – Rubber Ball, Devil or Angel

The Grass Roots – Midnight Confessions, Sooner or Later, Temptation Eyes

Sunday, August 27th

Parade - Line-up starts at 7:00am at the Days of '76 Rodeo Grounds

Show and Shine - Main Street, immediately following the parade

Classic Car Auction (International Classic Auctions 800-243-1957) - Deadwood Gulch Resort

I really like this show, because its fall and all the aspens and birchs turn colors and the tempatures are wonderful.

Other things to see in the area..

Mt Rushmore.

Posted Image

Needles Highway

Driving through rock tunnels and winding past rock spires, the Needles Highway was labeled impossible when it was constructed in 1919. That didn't deter Governor Norbeck, who supplied the more than 150,000 pounds of dynamit and the determination to construct the roadway.

The Needles Highway curves and winds through 14 miles of magnificent rock formations called 'needles.' One of the most prominent rock formations on the Highway is the Needles Eye, reaching 30 to 40 feet in the air with a 3 foot wide slit.

Posted Image

More Pics, (I love this road)

Spearfish Canyon

Motor Trend did a drive through here, they said it was one of their top 20 drives.

Spearfish Canyon runs approx. 35 miles from O'Neil Pass, elev. approx 6800 ft., near the South Dakota / Wyoming border to the town of Spearfish, elev approx 3500 ft.

Posted Image

More pics

Others

Devils Tower

Custer State Park (largest state park) http://www.sdgfp.info/Parks/Regions/Custer/

Deadwood the town itself, (National Historic Landmark)

Grave Sites of notorious westerners, Wild bill Hickok, Calamity Jane, Potatoe Creek Johnny, etc..

Wind Cave National Park (very extensive cave that prduces its own wind gusts)

Badlands National Park

Homestake Gold mine, largest gold mine, extracted 10, 000, 000 dollars of gold annually, shafts up to 8,000 feet deep, my uncle and grandfather worked here..

Heres pics of Deadwood.

Deadwood Vistas

Deadwood, Photo Gallery

Pic of the Area

Posted Image

Harney Peak (Highest peak between the Rockies and the Alps.)

Posted Image

For any further information, PM me, hope to see somebody!

Edited by Charger4U

Thursday, August 25

Car Registration - 4pm-8pm

Your first stop in Deadwood should be the Deadwood Gulch Resort Convention Center, where you will register your car and receive detailed information on the weekend’s activities, as well as your goody bag and weekend parking permit. This will be your first opportunity to purchase additional Kool Deadwood Nites merchandise.

My son will be about a week old by then, I see no reason to not strap him in the Fusion and take a road trip to SoDak then maybe I can go by Brookeville and on my way back stop by Detroit and play beer pong with Josh while getting shot at.

I had known that when you replied, id be sarcasticly.. :angry2:

Edited by Charger4U

I'd like to come and show off our '81 Jaguar XJ6 w/its Chevy 350 ci V8, but I'll be back to school before the show even starts.

168441[/snapback]

That bites. (School).

I wish I had the ga$ money & time. I'd love to go otherwise! :)