Try to find a certain Delta 88

My father bought an '87 Delta 88 Royale Brougham back in 1989. I was only 5 then. He told me that he paid $12,000 and it was like new. But, there was something special about it. It had everything. Even the digital instrument cluster that I haven't seen since. He sold it back in '98 and I haven't seen one like it. It also had a voice that would talk for most of the general things a chime would go off for. i.e. headlights on, parking brake on, etc. Has anyone seen one of these cars?? I've always wanted to find another one and hopefully buy it. My dad put over 250,000 miles on it and it was still running like new, but he had to sell it to start his business. I've missed it ever since. Hope someone can help. Even pics of one would be nice. I've yet to see one that has the digital instrument clusters and the voice system.

That would be a hard find today. I dont know about the voice warnings, I know the mid 80's Imperials had it but never knew about Olds or GM's using it. Search autotrader.com and maybe someday one will pop up. The late 80's Regency "touring sedans" have won over a few hearts as well, but still never heard of that voice warning.

Im not a fan of digital or led dash gadgets myself but our 89 New Yorker had one and it never failed and that was something I was counting on failing.

• 4 weeks later...

My Datsun Maxima "talks" in an unthreatening

femenine voice and I know that a few 1980s

crap-tastic Mopars talked like the Dodge 600

but a GM car that talks? What is this car you

speak of? Sounds almost like a one-off concept

car or some aftermarket thing.

I shall keep my eyes & ears open for one. 8)

Sometime soon I'll post some video of my

"Datsun Girlfriend" talking. It's pretty cool IMHO.

• 2 months later...

I drove a loaded Eighty-Eight Royale (90 model) when looking to buy my first car. had the digital dash (which is a horizontal bargraph, and not just the digital numerals like most) I'm pretty sure the voice reminder was discontinued by then. had a friend with a mid-eighties Chrysler New Yorker with the voice reminders. I found it a bit annoying myself, but a unique feature to have nowadays if nothing else.

• 1 month later...

I have not had any problem with the digital gauges yet on both of my cars( 1995 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency Elite Series II and 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado.) I know my first Ninety Eight had analog gauges and it did go out. I had to spend money to fix it. I have spoken to a former Oldsmobile tech and he said the analog and digital used the same parts, but the analog had more mechanical parts.

This from my experience.....