Sketch Comp. Idea - Design First Ever GMC CAR!

I was thinking that eventually GMC will come out with a car, just like all the import companies have come out with full size pickups and caddy came out the truck awhile back. I was thinking why not? and that it would make a great competition, because there's nothing to go by because there's never been a car made by GMC. GM yes of course lol.

Guest YellowJacket894

We have a thread for these kind of things. :AH-HA_wink:

Plus, I don't think GMC will ever offer a car. If you knew anything about the division structure over at GM, Pontiac-Buick-GMC is all one dealer channel and GMC is to that channel what Chevy trucks is to Chevy cars.

Understand?

We have a thread for these kind of things. :AH-HA_wink:

Plus, I don't think GMC will ever offer a car. If you knew anything about the division structure over at GM, Pontiac-Buick-GMC is all one dealer channel and GMC is to that channel what Chevy trucks is to Chevy cars.

Understand?

179087[/snapback]

What an ass. And I know about the structure, otherwise I wouldn't even bother being on this site. Just as posted it's just an idea. You never know, I bet no one ever thought Caddy would ever offer a TRUCK either huh, or honda.

Edited by SSConceptz

Guest YellowJacket894

What an ass.

What a terrible insult. :rolleyes:

And I know about the structure, otherwise I wouldn't even bother being on this site. Just as posted it's just an idea. You never know, I bet no one ever thought Caddy would ever offer a TRUCK either huh, or honda.

It wouldn't happen and you know it, idea or not. The closest thing that GMC ever made to a car was the Caballero/Sprint, but that had a pickup bed and a bulkhead growing behind the seats. And, yes, I bet a few people figured out that maybe GM would make a Cadillac SUV...to post a response to the Navigator. Just for the record, the Navigator was out one to two years before the Escalade showed up and people had been hinting at such a thing for a few years before the truck made a debut (rumors of the SRX crossover date back to 1999 as well and that's a pretty long time). Also, luxury SUVs were a growing, trendy segement at the end of the Nineties.

A GMC car makes no sense. Really. Now, if your idea was a competition where the ElCamino and Caballero was revived, it would have some relavance. But a GMC car has never been in the cards and never will be.

Edited by YellowJacket894

(Once Again) It's just a competition idea, you don't have to believe it would happen or not. Just like alot of people doubted the Camaro to return but I and others still designed them for competitions. I just think it would be intersteting and it doesnt have to be fact. Also there are alot of competitions of cars being designed that will never happen either, but we still do it. Why? because it's about creativity not about some other BS.

Okay, son, this is how it lies down. If you want to host your own competition, please have the courtesy to do it in the Member Showcase forum, not the Choppin' Competitions forum. Why? Because these are real competitions in this thread and not ones that are just put on by random people. This thread will neither be pinned or advertised on the front page like the official Choppin' Competitions are/will be. So next time, let's post it in the other forum, mmkay?

This forum needs a dosage of...

:chillpill::chillpill::chillpill:

SSConceptz, the Official Sketch/Chop Competition forums are for formal, C&G-sanctioned design competitions posted by one of the moderators, including myself. They have a few rules, guidelines, and requirements that make them official. Its just a mistake; that's fine, others have made the same mistake, too. Just letting you know. :)

You're free to make a suggestion for an official competition or even start an unofficial one of your own. If we think your idea is a good one and it fits into our schedule of upcoming competitions, we'll make it an official one.

As far as the validity of GMC making a car, in some capacity, they're going to have one - the Acadia. As for making a proper car, I also don't think GMC will offer one, but does that matter? No. Often, the premise behind a dream or concept car is to take some far-flung idea and make it tangible, to showcase what can or may happen, even if it never does. In that regard, a GMC-branded sedan is one of the least irrational concept ideas I can think of.

I, for one, would be interested to see a 4WD sedan with more rugged styling cues, think Subarus or the AMC Eagle/Concord or even the Lincoln Navicross concept of a few years back.

But the real point here is, let's have respect for everyone's ideas, no matter how silly we think they are because I'm sure someone out there thinks your idea is silly, too. Yet we all have fun doing this. Let's continue to have fun! :ohyeah::ohyeah::CG_all:

I'm going to make some edits to the Design Showcase area after I post this to make some of what I said clearer for all.

• 4 weeks later...

This forum needs a dosage of...

:chillpill:  :chillpill:  :chillpill:

SSConceptz, the Official Sketch/Chop Competition forums are for formal, C&G-sanctioned design competitions posted by one of the moderators, including myself. They have a few rules, guidelines, and requirements that make them official. Its just a mistake; that's fine, others have made the same mistake, too. Just letting you know. :)

You're free to make a suggestion for an official competition or even start an unofficial one of your own. If we think your idea is a good one and it fits into our schedule of upcoming competitions, we'll make it an official one.

As far as the validity of GMC making a car, in some capacity, they're going to have one - the Acadia. As for making a proper car, I also don't think GMC will offer one, but does that matter? No. Often, the premise behind a dream or concept car is to take some far-flung idea and make it tangible, to showcase what can or may happen, even if it never does. In that regard, a GMC-branded sedan is one of the least irrational concept ideas I can think of.

I, for one, would be interested to see a 4WD sedan with more rugged styling cues, think Subarus or the AMC Eagle/Concord or even the Lincoln Navicross concept of a few years back.

But the real point here is, let's have respect for everyone's ideas, no matter how silly we think they are because I'm sure someone out there thinks your idea is silly, too. Yet we all have fun doing this. Let's continue to have fun!  :ohyeah:  :ohyeah:  :CG_all:

I'm going to make some edits to the Design Showcase area after I post this to make some of what I said clearer for all.

179316[/snapback]

...NOW, here's a guy who has his head on straight !...MR. Fly. i know of a few other sites that could use his type of sensibility, and common sense too.

I also would LOVE to see a GMC off road sedan kinda thing... :ohyeah: