There's no replacement for...

Okay, this car "model" has seen three generations so far.

The second gen. has 2 more cylinders than the first.

The third gen. has 2 more cylinders than the second.

The logo consists of two primary colors converging to make a third. :AH-HA_wink:

Hmmm... not sure what that is..

But I can think of a RWD performance model that had a 4cyl in the 1st gen, a 6 in the 2nd and 3rd generations, and soon will have a 4th gen version with a V8. And the logo has 2 colors. (I own one of the 2nd gen ones).

There is also another performance model from the same company that went from a 6 in the 1st and 2nd generations, to a V8 in the 3rd generation, to a V10 in the 4th..

The logo blending thing is throwing me off... (the company I'm thinking of has a 3-letter acronym for it's name (associated with yuppiedom) and two colors in it's logo).

Edited by moltar

Shoot... there might be four gens of this car instead of three

but I think the 1st gen was never imported here to the USA.

In any case technically bump up all the stated gens. up one

point. The rest of the question remains. :P

Exactly Correct Hudson! :DI6, V8 & now V10.

BMW M5. The E28 and E34 generations (only the E34 was offered in the US) had a six-cylinder (3.4L, 3.6L, or 3.8L), then the E39 was powered by a 4.9L V8, and the current E60 is powered by a 5.0L V10.

180214[/snapback]

Correct.. though, I'm pretty sure the E28 M5 was briefly available in the US in '88. The E34 M5 was available here from '91-93.

The M3 also works as an answer also--the E30 had a 4cyl, the E36 and E46 had a 6cyl, and the upcoming E90 will have a V8.

Wikipedia article on M5

Edited by moltar

Right. I did not want to cloud the question wiht an as yet unreleased model. And the M logo has always looked to me like a overlapping

blue & red band of translucent plastic.

red+blue=purple

Posted Image