Solve the B-P-GMC Puzzle!

After a long time of making no sense in what killing the Pontiac Bonneville and stillborn Buick Siecle, Theta, and other models meant, suddenly I'm starting to see what the future Buick-Pontiac-GMC unified lineup will look like. Someone correct me if I'm wrong in presenting the future product lineups, circa 2009-11 range:

Pontiac G5-Chevrolet Cobalt clone 2-door, 5-passenger notchback coupe. Positioned slightly upscale and considered GM's sport coupe rival to Scion tC, or rather, the closest thing to it.

Pontiac G6-Epsilon architecture, long-wheelbase (112.3") model offering 2-door, 4-passenger fastback coupe, 2-door retractable-hardtop coupe-convertible, and 4-door, 5-passenger notchback sedan body styles. To be redesigned on Epsilon II for the 2011 model year. (I'd suggest moving the RHT C-C over to Buick as Somerset or Velite-just to be even with the upscale nature of this vehicle and Chrysler Sebring competition, which G6 does not have). Similar to Chevrolet Malibu, Saturn Aura, and 2010 Buick LaCrosse (below).

Pontiac G8/Grand Prix/GTO-Future unknown for the Grand Prix name or the GTO, with G8 the most rumored name so far. Based on SWB mid-size (114.8" wheelbase) Zeta VE rear-wheel-drive architecture of the Australian Holden Commodore, I'd guess G8/GP would come as a 4-door notchback sedan that seats 5 passengers, possibly a 2-door hardtop coupe, which if GTO were revived, would be its lone body style. Commodore has a 3.6-liter DOHC High Feature 263hp V-6, 6000 6.0-liter OHV V-8 engines in 2-3 different power ranges, all with a 6-speed OD manual or automatic transmission, with TAPShift likely available, I'd assume. A 350hp 5300 5.3-liter OHV LS4 V-8 would make a nice midrange powerplant as well.

Pontiac Solstice-Successful and coveted 2-door, 2-passenger soft-top convertible roadster (and supposed 3-door liftback coupe circa 2008) is similar to Saturn Sky and may be restyled around 2011. No repositioning needed here, though that doesn't mean the mere standard equipment level couldn't use a boost.

Pontiac Torrent-Possible switchover to the....

GMC Torrent-As a 2008 mode, slotted under the....

GMC Acadia-A 2007 model-year sibling to the full-size Buick Enclave and Saturn Outlook, and possible 2010 Chevrolet (Moab?). Originally to be Pontiac's crossover until its future became less clear. In content, the Acadia 5-door, 8-passenger crossover SUV wagon seems to slot just between the Outlook and Enclave, powered by a 267hp version of the 3.6-liter DOHC HF V-6 engine and a 6-speed OD electronic automatic transmission.

GMC Savana, Canyon, Yukon, Yukon XL and Sierra-all traditional truck lines of GMC, but need to shed their W/T and SL trim level models and gain massive equipment/styling boosts if they ever even think they are going to elevate themselves status-wise over nearly identical Chevrolet Express, Colorado, Tahoe, Suburban, and Silverado models. They are the heart of GMC's line.

GMC Envoy-Expected to be dropped along with the Chevrolet TrailBlazer, as opposed to be restyled/redesigned like previously.

GMC Serrano-The Pontiac Montana SV6 was already dropped in North America after the 2006 model year; Buick Terraza and Saturn Relay all are slated to die after 2008, and be replaced by this 2010 model-the first-ever car-based minivan ever for GMC, on Acadia's Lambda FWD/AWD architecture. Unknown if regular or XL wheelbases will be offered, or just an XL version similar to Chevrolet Uplander replacement. See Acadia for Serrano powertrain.

Buick LaCrosse-This mid-size, 4-door notchback sedan is slated to move to the LWB Epsilon II FWD architecture for the 2010 model year, hopefully seating up to 6 passengers on certain models, 5 elsewhere. A rival to not just Mercury Milan and Chrysler Sebring, but also to Lexus ES330 and Acura TL, LaCrosse is now similar to Chevy Malibu, Pontiac G6 (which it would be heavily differentiated from style-wise) and Saturn Aura (ditto hopefully). See the Lambda group for powertrains, I'd think.

Buick Lucerne-Redesigned to the rear (or all?)-wheel-drive Zeta VE architecture, for 2011, shedding the G-Body platform and the cancelled Lambda-based Chi architecture. Cadillac DTS may again be similar, as will the 2009 Chevy Impala, all likely on the long-wheelbase (118.5") version of Zeta. Seating up to 6 passengers (5 on others) in a 4-door notchback sedan, sharing G8 powertrains (automatic only) I'd assume-the V-6 and V-8 engines.

Buick Enclave-The long-awaited Rendezvous/Rainier replacement, despite being an entirely different vehicle in a different class from either. More differentiated than Moab, Outlook, or Acadia, the luxurious Enclave would have the same Lambda architecture and powerplants, but also a forthcoming to-be-announced V-8 option, and more luxury features and status.

Buick Rapid-Name only a suggestion, Rapid was to be a Acura RDX-type rival on the forthcoming or cancelled compact Sub-Theta FWD/AWD car-based crossover architecture, below the Enclave. There's room here, and GMC ain't exactly the right division for a luxurious Acura/BMW X3 rival.

So these here are all what I'm guessing so far will comprise the Pontiac-GMC-Buick lineup of the near future. Little overlap, lots of variety, and with Pontiac focusing on sporty cars, Buick on luxurious cars, and GMC on select crossovers but still predominantly cars and trucks.

I doubt that the Zetas will have column shifts and front bench seats available.  Just doesn't seem worth the investment given where preferences are headed.

187620[/snapback]

"aww ... but some buyers will cry if it's not offered"

i know what you mean...i'd say it's possible...?

but need to shed their W/T and SL trim level models

Are you smoking crack? No way would this ever happen. Listen, GMC still offers work trucks because people in certain vocational careers might prefer a GMC over a Chevy. So your saying to just abandon this market? If I were a contractor, carpenter, plumber or electrician, my work truck would definitely be a GMC! Also, while the W/T or SL trim might not be your preference, some people can only afford that trim level. Why tell them that they can't own a GMC? You definitley don't want to abandon that market. I can understand many here who don't see GMC being "Professional Grade" with base models - but those are exactly the trucks that are being used "in the field". Professional Grade can mean many things to many people. Leather, chrome rims and dvd players might be professional equipment to a lawyer or doctor, whereas a diamond-plated toolbox, rubber flooring, and a reliable drivetrain might be professional equipment to the construction site foreman. GMC can't afford to abandon any of their market - no matter who they are or what they buy.