camry Hybrid more expensive than Impala

Dsuupr

Intellichoice informs people of the potential cost of ownership on a vehicle over 5 years.

Using their data

2006 Impala LT with the 3.5 V-6 (as 2007 info was not available)

TOTAL COST of ownership over 5 years - $32,202

2007 toyota camry Hybrid

TOTAL COST of ownership over 5 years - $32,611

2007 toyota camry LE V-6

TOTAL COST of ownership over 5 years - $33,400

2006 honda accord Hybrid

TOTAL COST of ownership over 5 years - $34,706

THIS IS THE ADVERTISING GM SHOULD BE DOING!!!

** Edit added the accord Hybrid

Edited by Dsuupr

This just ads fuel to the argument that hybrids are nothing but a useless waste of Lithium Ion and silicon chips.

I hope they are just a fad, honestly. I see more and more Prius' every day, and I'm still worried that they're just fuel saving Decepticons waiting for the right moment.

Edited by Captainbooyah

Is anyone taking into consideration that cost is not the determining factor for most buyers?  I would tend to think that many buyers have more thought to doing their part as environmentally-conscious people.

188384[/snapback]

If such were the case, shouldn't the Insight be the hottest-selling hybrid in America? A realistic 60mpg and all one needs for commuting.

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings