Pictures from a small NJ car show

Hey guys. Not only did I attend the Fall AACA show in Hershey on Saturday, I also attended a small car show in Windsor, NJ on Sunday. I took some pictures and have them in a Photobucket album:

Link

Of particular interest, there were two cars I took pictures of that are for sale: the 1955 Oldsmobile 88 (Red & White two-tone) and the Black & Silver 1978 Riviera Anniversary model. If anyone is interested, I did get phone #'s. The Olds really is nice (window sign stated $19,500); the Buick was equally as nice, is low milage and kept in a garage (I believe the owner is asking just under $9,000). Let me know if you want the phone #'s.

Nice photos; the 1940 Packard 160 Convertible coupe is gorgeous! Not often you see a senior Packard at a car show anywhere unless it's era or make specific. And also, by any chance do you know how much the owner was asking for the 1978 Buick Riviera LXXV that's for sale?

XP, I took a picture of the "For Sale" sign so I had record of the phone # and asking price - $8,900 or best offer is what the sign stated. I saw the owner and remember meeting him through a friend over a year ago and was told about this car. I think (trying to remember from a year ago) that this car has around 20K original mileage. It was in beautiful condition and I think it's a steal for under $9K. But I don't have much of an interest in '70s cars yet; if that '55 Olds 88 was under $9K, I'd be begging the wife to let me buy it :lol::P Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Also XP - about the Packards - up until Saturday's Hershey show, I never paid much attention to Packards or Studebakers. Oldsmoboi's friend (Dominic) educated me on design features (example - grille shape was used up until Packard's end), significant details of Packard's innovations, and how they were the cream of the rop of automobiles in their time. By the end of Saturday I was really noticing how nice older Packards really are. When I first saw the 160 on Sunday, I instantly recognized it as a Packard thanks to Dominic's knowledge sharing (prior, I'd think they were '30s or '40s Buicks or Caddy's!!!). Just wanted to shar that bit of info!!! :P

Great pics!

I loved the Stude, Olds and the Packard.

I hope to find the "right" 50's car to fix up for my grandson in the next two years. He's 5 now and I figure it'll be a project car to us to do together as he grows up.

By the end of Saturday I was really noticing how nice older Packards really are.

Oh, they are nice! A family friend has a '41 Packard and recently purchased a 1955 or 1957 Packard. In fact, the recent purchase is what he and his wife drove from Big Sandy TN to Goodletsville TN (just north of Nashville) in to meet up with me during the MC Nationals this past June. It was cool to see him with another new toy ;).

He also has that gorgeous cinammon brown 1979 Cadillac Sedan Deville that I love so much ;).