graduation

razoredge

We'll my "youngster" is graduating this year. She has been the kryptonite in my pocket. Through her I got the chance to relive my adventurous youth from time to time. Now its time for us to put together a colage of photos and a message. Well, Im not going to write all the usual "were proud of you, you can do anything you put your mind too, you are the rythmn of our hearts".....ect..ect..ect..ect..

No! not me, I have to give something more, something from within, something with thought and deep internal meaning within the family. I have writtin' some great stuff in the past, for songs, but I seemed so hard pressed to come up with anything for this, my daughter and it really had me a bit upset. I was barren of meaningful thoughts. Our family has been through the grinder the past two years, not for the best of results either. We are damaged, not what we were just two years ago.

Well, crunch time came with this weeks deadline, and yesterday while driving through the Catskill Mountains on a grey yet colorful autumn day, stuff started to flow

Well here it is, some of it is cliche, or a bit Hallmark...ish, elementary, but compared to what Ive seen other parents offer in past years, I feel I hit my mark.

I will actually accept grammer corrections for this one....... :)

Trails

From the smallest of seed

Grow the grandest of things

Traveling through life

Chasing their dreams

Remember the trails down which you came

Their mountains, valleys and moguls

Delivered you safely….

Just the same

At trails head end

Lies a small humble shack

From within a light beacons

“We’ve got your back”

Live true to your soul

And run with your spirit

Move swiftly passed

That’s which would steal it

Choose wisely your trails

Carry proudly your name

And once again you’ll arrive safely

And bear…….. no shame !

Edited by razoredge

Great job Razoredge! Being a high school teacher, I wish that all teenagers got something like this from their parents at their graduation. Your daughter is truly lucky to have you as a father.

Now onto the grammar... :P

Is the spelling of "bear" correct in the sentence below:

And bear…….. no shame !

It just doesn't seem like it is to me??? Otherwise, it looks good.

Great job Razoredge!

Is the spelling of "bear" correct in the sentence below:

It just doesn't seem like it is to me???  Otherwise, it looks good.

204454[/snapback]

Yea ! I went through that. I figured "bere" but that doesnt look right. Then to the dic and there is no such word. It lists bear with a 2 above it as "carry, give birth or produce, endure, press, go in an indicated direction"..... :unsure:

For some reason Im thinkin if someone had an old english dictionary they would find the word "bere" or similar, it just seems like Ive seen a different spelling sometime........in another life.

Bare means just that........necked, I find no other

There is still a few hicups Im not happy about with the phrase correlation and rythmn. I think it jumps a bit between the first and second phrase. I have the weekend to make edits, I thought about it a bit more today. It cant be made too long. I could also drop the first phrase, but it too, has meaning to me.