Halloween Horror Nights Orlando 2006

avant1963

Just returned from a few days at Universal Studios Orlando (stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel) and we spent three nights at the annual Halloween Horror Nights. My wife and I are big horror fans and of Halloween. Here's some choice pics from the trip:

When you first walk in, there is the "Horror Comes Home" street that walks you to "The Arrival" stage. Along this street is a bunch of strange characters:

Here's me and an evil woman on stilts:

Posted Image

My wife with this creepy stilt guy:

Posted Image

This guy creeped me out the most, especially in the dark:

Posted Image

And yes, that is a plastic chest-plate:

Posted Image

Then there is a little show called "The Arrival" where the Devil takes the ashes of HHN past and brings them back to life.

This is the procession with the ashes:

Posted Image

And here is the Devil and his concubines:

Posted Image

And the Storyteller ripping out my tounge:

Posted Image

There were three "Scarezones" this year. These a basicaly streets in the park that are designed to make it easy for "actors" to hide and scare the crap out of you.

There was the "Harvest of the Souls":

Posted Image

The vampires reigned at the "Blood Masquerade":

Posted Image

Posted Image

And zombies were on the loose in "Deadtropolis":

Posted Image

Posted Image

Even Robo-saurus made an appearance:

Posted Image

There were 7 haunted houses this year (we were in every one). I was hard to get good pictures from them so I just have this one from the outside of "PsychoPath":

Posted Image

Every year at HHN, they put on a "Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure" that pretty much parodies what was popular in music, TV and movies (pop-culture) of the year. I guess "The Hoff" is always in vogue, so here's a pic of KITT:

Posted Image

We had a great time. If I find more pics from HHN that are good, I'll add them.

Anyone else been there this year??

Never been to Orlando having grown up in So. Cal. with Disney, Knotts, Universal and 6 Flags Magic Mountain...but I would like to go to Disney World since it's newer and larger.

The weather looked awesome. Was it?

Looks cool Walt... have to add that to our trip list for the future.

We're headed to DisneyWorld this Tuesday night and will be attending the "Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party" on Thursday. Remember, I've got a 1 year-old and a 12 year-old!!! Not quite as interesting as the HHN's @ Universal, but for Disney fans I'm sure Mickey's party will rank up there. :)