TOO MUCH WORK LOL

intrigued

Im still At work!!! ahhhhhh..... have been since 8:30 this morning and its now 9:15 Eastern time. I need a vacation lol. Been doing the 40-60 hrs a week and full time school since the begging of this year. Well at least since im paid hourly as a contractor I will be able to afford a new CTS in cash when the 2nd gen comes out next fall. Needed to vent and to remember why I work so much. I like expensive toys and vacations.

What the heck do you do that you make so much money as someone who is still in college and, next question, do you or your family know the owner of the company or the boss?

I work 48 hours a week +/- at a professional type job, am taking 9 graduate business credits at night so I can finish in May 2007, use C&G as my smoke break (never have smoked) and am trying to do everything to keep from falling apart before December 18. So quit bitching. :AH-HA_wink:

60 hours a week is bull$h! even if your not going to school. Those extra 10-20 hours a week are what you need to take care of your own affairs. 50 hours isnt too bad, 5, 10 hour days and call it a week. 12's will eventually ruin your life and there should be a law about no work on Saturdays for those that work Mon-Fri. These long work weeks is where America has been headed though. Keeping hourly wages artificially low and make everyone work 50-60 hours. Then with the time and a half for over time everyone thinks they are making a great weekly paycheck.........never stoping to realize they are actually working a week and a half and their priorities are not in the right place. Which is home, family, community and just simply having a life.

Those extra 10-20 hours a week are what you need to take care of your own affairs.

212232[/snapback]

Right...and that's why I'm such a train wreck lately. Those 10 to 20 are diverted to something else.

well most weeks I only work around 30-35 hours in the office during the week. I take my classes in the morning beofre work and then work to about 7. I have dinner and am ready to do homework/ study at 9 and am in bed at like 11:30 - 12:00. Then on the Saturday I am in the office by 9 and work till 11-12 at night and I work from home on sunday for a few hours.

As to what I do I am a licensed paralegal at a prominent NY/CT intellectual property lawfirm. Ive been working here for about 2 year. Started as a file clerk when I finished frosh year of college at $12 an hour. Got licensed as a Paralegal over winter break sophmore year when I worked a more sane 20 hrs a week during the year and now I put in my 40-60 over the 7 days of the week at 35 an hour.

Thank god I have student loans otherwise Id be abosoltuley hosed on the taxes since I am paid as a contractor (no taxes taken out) and dont own my apartment (I rent) and have no dependents (thank god - for know anyways)

My biggest fixed expenses are

rent+utillites and cable = 700 per month or 8400 a year (4 of my roomates and I split the 4 ways even. WE have a nice duplex, in New Rochelle NY)

Car payment - 375 On the Malibu SS - Only owe 5k or so more = mucho positive equity for a new CTS next year

Loan paymeent for school 600/month.

phone plan 100/month

car insurance 120/month

Only thing at all I dont pay for on my own is my healthcare cause my dad has a kickass plan that costs him nothing to have me on it.

I think I'm pretty independent and do very well for a 20 year old. If my folks died in a horrific accident and left me nothing financial I would pretty much be able to carry on like nothings changed. Though I never would want to be put in that situation of course.

My biggest fixed expenses are

rent+utillites and cable = 700 per month or 8400 a year (4 of my roomates and I split the 4 ways even.  WE have a nice duplex, in New Rochelle NY)

212730[/snapback]

Renting a duplex in New Rochelle costs $ 2,800 a month with cable??? For that kind of money, NOBODY had better be sharing a bedroom. Is NY that 'effin expensive? Man, I am SOOO glad I didn't go to Fordham or NYU and hang my hat in that area...my uncle in Northern NJ thought that would have been a good idea. He's weird anyway. Yikes!

yep with utilities we pay over 30k a year and its not even that big a place. only about 1800 sq ft, and I do share the biggest bedroom, only 13x10 with my roomate. There are 2 other slightly smaller bedrooms that my other two roomates each have singly and there is actually a "4th" bedroom that is only 6x7 and basically unlivable so we turned it into a storage/study room. Honestly, New Rochelle is closing on NYC prices being only 20 min out from the city. Still this place in the cuty would probablyl rent for 3500 a month.