Anybody know of interior lighting changes?

maxximus1

I see that the current Mercedes S-class has ambient lighting on the front dash. The BMW 7 series has it on all four of their door panels and on the floor of the rear compartment.

I wonder if Cadillac plans to follow with something similar. Not that its important, but I just think it looks cool!

My 540 has amber ambient lighting (matches the gauge/button light colors) at the front which points downward onto the center console area from the top near the reading lights/moonroof controls....I always thought it was pretty cool when I would be the passenger in other bmw's/cars with ambient lighting...it seems to get lost on the driver though. It does look cool though, and I'll get the occasional passenger who will pick up on it and compliment it.

On my Aunts 07 Caddy DTS , all of the interior lighting are aimed white LED's from various points of the inside . It looks VERY cool . I would imagine Caddy will be doing this to all their models . In the DTS they even got rid of the ugly out of place Amber LCD displays in the radio ect ect . All the LCD read outs in her car are lit in white background , black numerals to match the white LED dash ligthing .