My Car Died on the Way Back from Detroit Last Thursday!

I'm home and have the time right now, so I thought I'd finally share this since it's still effecting me.

On my way home from Detroit last Thursday after my English Placement Exam, I got to Chelsea on I-94 when my car died.

Now, it wouldn't be quite so bad if this was the first time that it had happened, but it was about the fifth time that it's done it to me, and what pissed me off above everything else is that what the dealership thought the problem was turned out not the be the problem at all. I maintain that it's the fuel pump.

On a long drive (I got to Detroit fine) it just eventually fizzles out on the Interstate. It gives a hiccup, and then the car just starts slowing down, and if you apply the throttle, that just makes it die faster. But yet, oddly enough, lifting up on the pedal quickly makes it rev up, the opposite of what would be expected. So, there I was, waiting for the tow truck.

Eventually, got to Hillsdale and they gave me a loaner (a 2002 Chrysler Sebring sedan in a terrible gold colour). Of course though, my car had finally sat long enough so that it started without any issue at all.

So, I have to take the Sebring to Detroit the next day. Fine and dandy. However, I discovered on the way home in the rain and road spray of 94 that the wipers totally suck, and I can't really see anything. So, I exited, parked, took a brief nap, and then ate something so that enough time passed and the traffic had relaxed. So, last night (about three days later) I bought new wipers for the LOANER. Voila, instant vision improvement. (In case you hadn't already figured it out, I still have that car with me as of tonight)

Unfortunately (again) the front end of this Sebring is making the same loose, rattling sound over certain surfaces that my Breeze did when I had to have the tie-rod ends replaced. Oh the joy. So, when I finally get my car back, I'm going to tell them that I bought wipers for their car and then I'll mention the noise.

Best part is that they've had my car for four days now (I know, Sunday they don't work so it shouldn't count) and I won't be able to get it back tomorrow because they are "unable to replicate the problem" and I wouldn't be able to get mine until next Tuesday because of my schooling schedule. Goody. Twelve days without my car, and fearing the front end is going to fall out of the Sebring. Yippy-skip!

Oh well. At least this car's 200 hp 2.7L V6 is a LOT faster than my car's 132 hp 2.0L 4-pot with an automatic.

So, how is everyone else doing? I just thought I would share my slice of the individualistic personal hells we all experience from time to time.

That sucks man. We had a `91 Dodge Spirit with an `86 Aries engine in it. It was a fine car save the peeling paint (but no rust). The fuel pump gave out on it, and even though we knew about this the mechanics always got stumped cuz of the different engine. The car was taken off the road and it was never repaired..eventually (stupidly) it was junked.

It had had similar problem: the car would start and run fine, but then randomly sputter ad stall. Then it wouldn't start again for a while. Hours later it would start right back up. The car always started up right away until the day it was junked <_<

As for my own problems,as mentioned in a thread...the Shadow wouldn't start and left me stranded on my first day of work :angry:

Yeah, I read about that. It really does suck. Your post actually inspired me to share my experience with everyone, lol. It was on my mind, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to babble about it, but I decided, eh, why not?

Oh, they'd better. Since they didn't get it right the first time, it's their fault for misdiagnosing it, and they'd better do it free of charge, like the last time when something malfunctioned.

Hehe.

Sorry, it's going to take a lot more than a 10 year old car with some issues and over 100K miles to tarnish the Five-pointed Star in my eyes.

Hehe. Hail! All hail!

Well, my mom called me at school tonight while I was working on an assignment with an update regarding the car. Apparently, they still don't know what to do with the stupid thing, so I may end up with the Sebring for longer than I thought. Unfortunately, my temporary parking sticker is only good until the 19th of January, and the dealer plates on the car itself expire in February. So, I am just waiting for my car to get finished.