Looking For a Few Models...

In either 1:18 or 1:24 scale.

• Cobalt SS/SC (preferably yellow)
  • C6 Z06
  • C5 (preferably blue or special edition)
  • Camaro concept (I doubt it's out yet)
  • 1970 Camaro
I'll probably add more, but that's all for now. I don't know much about model cars, but I'm redoing my room, so I'm looking for a few pieces of the puzzle..

In either 1:18 or 1:24 scale.

• Cobalt SS/SC (preferably yellow)
  • C6 Z06
  • C5 (preferably blue or special edition)
  • Camaro concept (I doubt it's out yet)
  • 1970 Camaro
I'll probably add more, but that's all for now. I don't know much about model cars, but I'm redoing my room, so I'm looking for a few pieces of the puzzle..

They actually had everything but the cobalt

I have both the un-blinged Jada 1:18th scale Camaro (in that color) and the plastic model kit. I haven't started on it yet though, but I'll tell you right now--Black, Red center stripe.

The C6's I have: 1:18th scale models of a blue LS2 coupe, a black convertible, and a yellow Z06, all made by Hot wheels, and all bought at Target (Except for the Z, which was bought online at www.exoticar.com ) I have plastic models of every C6 (coupe, convertible, Z06, C6.R), all made by Revel, although the vert was a snap together (bleh), all bought at WalMart.

I have 1:18ths of every production model of C5 made (coupe and convertible, Bburago, bought at now-defunct Kay-Bee in Costa Mesa; LS1 hardtop, Hot Wheels, bought at a Target in Santa Ana; Z06, Maisto, bought at a Walmart somewhere in upper-Orange County, have no clue where I was). I had plastic models of the C5 coupe and convertible, a long, long time ago (think 1998) but they're all since long gone. Died in the great El Nino flood.

I had a '70 Z28, a replica of the one in Fast Times at Ridgemont High (or was it Dazed and Confused? I dun remember. All these damn stoner movies all blur together). I planned to put stripes on it, but then it fell off the shelf during a small tremor, and ended up getting crushed behind my dresser (don't ask how, it just did.)

And if enyone EVER finds a model, die-cast or plastic, of ANY Cobalt coupe, they are under strict orders to notify me immediately. I haven't been able to find one thus far.

I did find a 1:24th of a '74 Vega though :D

Edited by Turbojett

WTF were they THINKING leaving the windows up on the Jada model???

At least this time around I did not need to take a heated up exacto knife

to that like with the MB CLK last year, S-Penguin still laughs about that.

WTF were they THINKING leaving the windows up on the Jada model???

At least this time around I did not need to take a heated up exacto knife

to that like with the MB CLK last year, S-Penguin still laughs about that.

How did you get rid of them then? all the rear windows are in one piece.

and the model kit is even worse--they give you the side windows and the door windows together in one part for all-around glass, but each set of side windows is seperate, so you have the option of totally leaving them out, if you so desire, which is what I'm going to end up doing.

I've done the heated x-acto knife thing on a few of my hotwheels. you think knicking yourself with the knife is bad enough, try it when it's still hot. Not only do you have a big, gaping wond, but you've burnt it as well. messy.

How do you paint the models? I know there's the brush paint, but can you just spray paint it with regular spray paint?

I get the little cans of spray paint they have at the hobby shops. If you use the brush paint, you get the lines and brush strokes. With the spray, it is easier to do more then one layer for strips and etc.

I get the little cans of spray paint they have at the hobby shops. If you use the brush paint, you get the lines and brush strokes. With the spray, it is easier to do more then one layer for strips and etc.

yes, but be sure that you get the paint that's made for spraying models. I learned the hard way that if you use real automotive paint, it warps the plastic, and you get a rather wrinkly finish. after you've applied all the decals and such, it's also a great idea to apply a clearcoat before you put the body on the chassis. the clearcoat may take a lot longer to sit without actually getting your fingerprints cast into the finish when you touch it however; even after it dries it still stays soft for a long time.. I usually wait two days, but this is why I have two different models going at once, whenever I build them. you could however put it under a desklamp to accelerate the clearcoat's solidification after it's semi-dried, but it'll still give off some really wicked fumes, and I only reccomend that for stoners. Edited by Turbojett

• 1 month later...