Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Toyota Comin' Through!

Sure, I'll bite.

To all:

As has been already pointed out Prius sales are up in 2007 compared to 2006. Not only that but Toyota's total hybrid sales are up in 2007. Let me state another fact, Toyota sold almost 20,000 hybrid vehicles in Febuary of 2007. That is not spin but an absolute fact. What I just wrote is public information and is available here on CG as a matter of another fact. For another fact, Prius sales are up year to date 6000 vehicles and sales have been pretty consistent over the recent months. Look it up the data is on CG.

Once again, for the third time now, I never said anything about Prius volume (Other than the hybrid market was slowing and that incentives had been added) I stated that to pin the success of Toyota as a corporation on the fact that they produce a hybrid and GM does not is ignorant, and as of yet, none of you have provided any FACTS to prove otherwise

evok can hump Toyota and the Prius all he wants, but the FACT remains that the Prius did NOTHING to advance Toyota profit in any significant amount other than the grotesque continued positive PR war that it launched.

And honestly, with all of the bad PR endured by GM over the past 3 years as well as their image in general, does anyone here think that a hybrid GM car would've been as 'successful' as the Prius? I for one don't think so.

Do you want more facts.

GM lost 10 B USD in 2005

GM will probably loose 5 B USD in 2006

Why don't I know exactly how much GM lost in 2006?

Because of the fact GM has accounting issues and has yet to release their annual report or any official guidance.

It is a fact that GM's market cap is app 20B USD compared to Toyota's value of over 200B USD.

It is a fact that Toyota made 13B USD in profit last year.

And how do any of these FACTS relate to the content of the articleat all? I mean, they're cute and all, just like the majority of your ego fueled posts, but they really have no relation to the content of the article. It doesn't take a statistical analysis to figure out which company has been managed better and I even admitted that with the W-Body and Epsilon reference in one of my previous posts.

It is a fact that if GM did not purchase a controlling interest in Daewoo, Toyota would have already surpassed GM's global sales lead.

As it is a fact that had Toyota not changed leadership in 1995, they wouldn't be nearly as close to surpassing GM in sales anyway. We can sit around and talk about "what if" all day, but again, it has no relation to the content of the article.

It is a fact that GM announced they are closing 3 large general assembly plants in the US (OK City, Doreville GA, Osh II.)

It is a fact that Toyota has opened a new truck plant in Texas and has just announced a new plant in the southern US.

It is also a fact that Toyota still does not employee nearly as many americans as GM, especially when considering peripheral industries and R&D. So, there again, no relation to the article other than to reinforce false support of Toyota because they "appear" to be saving the unemployed industry workers, yet people of this mindset can't seem to see past their own nose.

CASE IN POINT:

It is a fact that according to major and accept quality studies GM still trails Toyota.

If you consider Consumer Reports a reliable source of information (and unfortunately, many do) in which both the Impala and Fusion/Milan have edged the Camry in quality now.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

It is a fact GM has inflated their car sales by fleeting upwards of 30%.

Three letters: U.A.W.

It is a fact Toyota does not fleet more than 10% of their sales in the US. And in reality it is alot less than 10%. But I did not feel the need to compute the exact percentage and I wanted to keep my fact straight.

I would like to see proof of this, because I'm seeing a lot of Toyota at the Enterprise lot lately. But I'll admit, I don't have exact numbers because I have no idea where to get them.

Now I pose the question, on paper, which is a better run, operated, consistent company based upon the facts? Toyota or GM.

Once again, I never debated that Toyota was better managed than GM, and in fact confirmed it.

Sorry but the facts are not BULL$h!.

Never said they were--REFERENCE MY FIRST RESPONSE IN THIS REPLY.

PS - According to recent Auto News publication there are no cash incentives on the Prius but they do have special finance interest rates of 2.9% for up to 60 months. Also, the tax credits as a percent deduction are based upon a the number of hybrids sold by a manufacturer and time. People buying the Prius or other Toyota hybrid product today are not eligible for the full tax credit.

The Prius has found new life since gas prices are starting to creep up again. But overall, once prices level, the market will stagnate again, just like Ford and Toyota were complaining about not 2-3 months ago.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Thanks FOG, loved every sarcastic jab of it.

Glad you're still here! :thumbsup:

LOL, yeah, I guess this is what I get for trying to present myself with a sense of humor. Honestly, the 'shread' was based 90% on opinion as has been admitted. But alas, the 'ax grinders' have come out of the 'insider booth'. Oh, I forgot! We're not allowed to say anything negative about Toyota, for that's blasphemy on a GM mesage board!!! LOL

Oh well, I've certainly survived better opponents (Rex Raider, Baddabing anyone?) The only difference this time is that I have the freedom of not really caring that much because I'm not an admin anymore. So whatever, it's no sweat off my back.

evok can hump Toyota and the Prius all he wants, but the FACT remains that the Prius did NOTHING to advance Toyota profit in any significant amount other than the grotesque continued positive PR war that it launched.

But you see that did result in significant profits. It cast an image on Toyota as a green car company. When gas prices spiked, everyone wanted to go buy a car from the company that makes the Prius...cuz everything Toyota makes must be good on gas...right?

The Prius itself may not generate much in the way of profits, but the image it casts and the positive news it gets generates huge amounts of profit.

The Prius is an ugly, overrated and overpriced car...but at the same time it was brilliant for business.

I didn't get to respond to FOG in the last one :(

Anyways, how is it that I resigned and am a fallen admin while you resign and have the freedom, blah blah blah? I wanted out because of Josh' tyrannical assholism, you wanted out so you could slurp Josh at his other site. There is a fine line between being a free-thinker and a tool....no, wait, no there isn't.