New Corsa

BlkHhr104

To this day when i hear that name I think of this:

Posted Image

And then I remember that just like Monza and other names it was borrowed later on by the UK/German division of GM.

Edited by Sixty8panther

I agree, back in 2001 when I had a rental 2001 Opel Astra 5-door 1.6 I could not believe how much car it was. Great quality, fit and finish worlds better than any Saturn, Chevy or Pontiac and the 5-speed manual made the 1.6 liters seem much more substantial than the 2.2 liter 8-valve lump of lead we still had in the Chevy/Pontiac j-cars. Opel makes a car equal to or greater than Acura. Edited by Sixty8panther

• 7 months later...
Latest spy photos from Lehmann Photo Syndication and Photographe Ewans-Kelly reveal almost all details of the near-to-production X4400 Corsa. Abandoning the Opel Junior-inspired design of the last two generations, the new Corsa looks very much like a smaller Astra in both 3- and 5-door forms, and shares much of its under-skin components and systems with the popular Fiat Grande Punto.

Go to spyshots of the 5-door at German Car Fans

Go to spyshots of the 3-door at cars-prototypes

Latest spy photos from Lehmann Photo Syndication and Photographe Ewans-Kelly reveal almost all details of the near-to-production X4400 Corsa. Abandoning the Opel Junior-inspired design of the last two generations, the new Corsa looks very much like a smaller Astra in both 3- and 5-door forms, and shares much of its under-skin components and systems with the popular Fiat Grande Punto.

Go to spyshots of the 5-door at German Car Fans

Go to spyshots of the 3-door at cars-prototypes

[post="134157"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

that looks kinda like a Mercedes small car

No. The new Corsa ws developed with the Grande Punto on a "Common Systems and Components" basis. The architecture seems to be a shortened version of the Fiat Stilo compact. The Aveo uses a Daewoo evolution of the T-body Astra/Kadett platform of the last Pontiac LeMans. Using the Grande Punto as a template, the new Corsa should be about 6" longer than the Aveo hatch, with wheelbase more than an inch longer. Front track is an inch wider, rear track 2" wider, with a similar width to the 2007 Aveo sedan. The Kia Rio5 and Accent SR are similar-sized products on the US market.

The new model will probably still be built by General Motors España, and Opel Eisenach GmbH (a low-cost East German plant on the site of the original BMW car factory). Production will eventually expand to GM do Brasil (as a Chevrolet) and GM South Africa (Chevy models badged as Opels). The new Mexican factory could build either Aveos and Optras, or more likely low-cost models based on the current Corsa and the previous Astra.