Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlkHhr104

New Corsa

12 posts in this topic

To this day when i hear that name I think of this:

Posted Image

And then I remember that just like Monza and other names it was borrowed later on by the UK/German division of GM. Edited by Sixty8panther

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GM bring this over as a Saturn. It would be great for your public image with good gas mileage, and a hot look.

I agree, back in 2001 when I had a rental 2001 Opel Astra 5-door 1.6 I could not believe how much car it was. Great quality, fit and finish worlds better than any Saturn, Chevy or Pontiac and the 5-speed manual made the 1.6 liters seem much more substantial than the 2.2 liter 8-valve lump of lead we still had in the Chevy/Pontiac j-cars. Opel makes a car equal to or greater than Acura. Edited by Sixty8panther

Latest spy photos from Lehmann Photo Syndication and Photographe Ewans-Kelly reveal almost all details of the near-to-production X4400 Corsa. Abandoning the Opel Junior-inspired design of the last two generations, the new Corsa looks very much like a smaller Astra in both 3- and 5-door forms, and shares much of its under-skin components and systems with the popular Fiat Grande Punto.

Go to spyshots of the 5-door at German Car Fans

Go to spyshots of the 3-door at cars-prototypes

Latest spy photos from Lehmann Photo Syndication and Photographe Ewans-Kelly reveal almost all details of the near-to-production X4400 Corsa. Abandoning the Opel Junior-inspired design of the last two generations, the new Corsa looks very much like a smaller Astra in both 3- and 5-door forms, and shares much of its under-skin components and systems with the popular Fiat Grande Punto.

Go to spyshots of the 5-door at German Car Fans

Go to spyshots of the 3-door at cars-prototypes

[post="134157"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

that looks kinda like a Mercedes small car

No. The new Corsa ws developed with the Grande Punto on a "Common Systems and Components" basis. The architecture seems to be a shortened version of the Fiat Stilo compact. The Aveo uses a Daewoo evolution of the T-body Astra/Kadett platform of the last Pontiac LeMans. Using the Grande Punto as a template, the new Corsa should be about 6" longer than the Aveo hatch, with wheelbase more than an inch longer. Front track is an inch wider, rear track 2" wider, with a similar width to the 2007 Aveo sedan. The Kia Rio5 and Accent SR are similar-sized products on the US market.

Then what's up with the news about that they are consolidating all the design efforts for small hatches? Not to that point yet? Just wondering...

They are, but that is for the next generation, starting with the replacement for the Aveo and smaller cars such as the Matiz.

Where will the New Corsa be built, and if it is for sale in the US, what do you predict? Mexico? Brazil? Edited by empowah

The new model will probably still be built by General Motors España, and Opel Eisenach GmbH (a low-cost East German plant on the site of the original BMW car factory). Production will eventually expand to GM do Brasil (as a Chevrolet) and GM South Africa (Chevy models badged as Opels). The new Mexican factory could build either Aveos and Optras, or more likely low-cost models based on the current Corsa and the previous Astra.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room