LS3!

Oh Jalopnik, gotta love them for the new photos of the 2008 Corvette and it's LS3!

Just because the new Corvette LS3's not expected to be unveiled until Saturday, doesn't mean you don't deserve to see it early. Luckily some shots have already snuck out of Bowling Green of what looks to be the new engine for the 2008 big bad-ass from the bargain brand at the General. A poster over at DigitalCorvettes did the dirty work to show us the rumored 430 hp engine that we've heard will be the new standard for the '08 Corvette. It's no "Corvette SS," but whatevs. Anyway, we'll just let you look at the new n' pretty five-spoke wheels and the big side-bolstered red leather seats, and we'll try to get you more as soon as we get it into our sweaty paws. – Ray Wert

http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/spy-ph...-ls3-254777.php

Nice. :thumbsup:

As I said on Cz28, why would a preproduction car have dealer plates?

Good question - and from someone who has posted once I wouldn't put a lot of weight into it.

GM for some reason the factory uses dealer plates on cars from the factory. I first saw it in a story about a guy from the factory that gets paid to audit one out of how ever many Vettes on the local roads and looks for defects and build quality. The cars he drove all had KY dealer plates. If I recall correctly it was mentioned in the story about the plates but I can't for sure recall what the reason was.

The factory also has a working relationship with a local dealer for the Museum Delivery cars. They are offically delivered throught the dealer since GM can not sell direct to the buyer.

I don't know the details on KY laws or arrangments GM may have but I have seen this before so it is very possible for a Corvette Factory car to have dealer plates.

Besides we have heard of 430 HP for a long time and expect no less from what I have heard. I just wonder it the LS3 will get the pre intro bump in power that GM is giving to most of the new engines at release. For all we know it could be 440 HP by release.

Edited by hyperv6

GM for some reason the factory uses dealer plates on cars from the factory. I first saw it in a story about a guy from the factory that gets paid to audit one out of how ever many Vettes on the local roads and looks for defects and build quality. The cars he drove all had KY dealer plates. If I recall correctly it was mentioned in the story about the plates but I can't for sure recall what the reason was.

The factory also has a working relationship with a local dealer for the Museum Delivery cars. They are offically delivered throught the dealer since GM can not sell direct to the buyer.

I don't know the details on KY laws or arrangments GM may have but I have seen this before so it is very possible for a Corvette Factory car to have dealer plates.

Besides we have heard of 430 HP for a long time and expect no less from what I have heard. I just wonder it the LS3 will get the pre intro bump in power that GM is giving to most of the new engines at release. For all we know it could be 440 HP by release.

I'm quite sure they need to have SOMETHING as a license plate since they're driving on public roads.

I'm quite sure they need to have SOMETHING as a license plate since they're driving on public roads.

I never said they drove without them.

My point is Ohio offers MFG plates but does KY? If not they may have offered a dealer plates to GM to use there. I do not know what Toyota and Ford used at their KY plants. Could someone fill us in on their plates?

Oh Jalopnik, gotta love them for the new photos of the 2008 Corvette and it's LS3!

Just because the new Corvette LS3's not expected to be unveiled until Saturday, doesn't mean you don't deserve to see it early. Luckily some shots have already snuck out of Bowling Green of what looks to be the new engine for the 2008 big bad-ass from the bargain brand at the General. A poster over at DigitalCorvettes did the dirty work to show us the rumored 430 hp engine that we've heard will be the new standard for the '08 Corvette. It's no "Corvette SS," but whatevs. Anyway, we'll just let you look at the new n' pretty five-spoke wheels and the big side-bolstered red leather seats, and we'll try to get you more as soon as we get it into our sweaty paws. – Ray Wert

http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/spy-ph...-ls3-254777.php

Nice. :thumbsup:

Hmmmm.....seat bolsters are the same size as the current car.

I do like the new black trim (piano black? carbon fiber? can't tell) replacing the ultra-cheesy silver plastic.