GM Employee Pricing

Ok guys I need help. I was waiting for the Astra but I don't think I can make it that long. So I then started to consider the Lancer. Then I realized that the Saab 9-3 has 3-4K rebates and that I could get one for a great price. My boss’s mom works for GM and got her 9-3 convertible at a great price. I may be able to persuade her to help me in this measure but I just wanted to know if it was worth asking. Does anyone her know how much a base model Saab 9-3 is employee pricing? Thanks.

The base employee and supplier program prices on a 9-3 2.0T are $23,854 and $25,298 respectively. If you're not a family member of an employee, you may not be able to get the employee price.

Cool. Well how would they know if I was really a family member. I am a friend of the daughter.

Cool. Well how would they know if I was really a family member. I am a friend of the daughter.

you need to be a family member but they aren't going to ask for a family tree when you purchase. the dealership basically wants the code and they could care less who you are as long as you have it.

Well, boys and girls, I may only be a Canadian, but let me tell you how it works up here: an employee must giver his/her badge number, which we then have to call Oshawa to get an authorization #. If the person is a family member, then the "employee" has to sign the form, stating the relationship to the person being sponsored.

At the beginning of last month, GM sent down a new edict, stating that any dealer getting caught messing with the program would have the deal charged back to the dealer. This includes messing with the price. The employee or eligible sponsored person are entitled to their employee price and NOTHING LESS. Ah, but now, we are being told NOTHING MORE, either.

It would seem that "employees" have been shopping dealer prices and badgering dealers into giving up part of the 5.1% that the dealer is rebated back for providing said vehicle. :yes: This has pitted dealer against dealer, and undoubtedly created friction in the buying process.

Any "employee" getting caught messing with the employee price will be penalized, right up to dismissal. Pretty harsh words, by the sound of it. GM employees have been getting a pretty bad reputation around here. Even though they are paying dealer cost, they shop and shop and shop. Horrible waste of time on their part and the dealer's.

I am not sure why the crack down. Did it come from the dealer body? Did the CAW get complaints because someone got a G6 for $5 less than someone else on the line? Don't know, but I do welcome the crackdown.

The entire idea of an "employee price" is fairness across the board and an incentive to drive what you build. If any of you remember the "employee pricing" deal two summers ago, many consumers were shocked at how little discount they were getting because the dealers aren't making a ton of money on the deal any more.

Well, boys and girls, I may only be a Canadian, but let me tell you how it works up here: an employee must giver his/her badge number, which we then have to call Oshawa to get an authorization #. If the person is a family member, then the "employee" has to sign the form, stating the relationship to the person being sponsored.

At the beginning of last month, GM sent down a new edict, stating that any dealer getting caught messing with the program would have the deal charged back to the dealer. This includes messing with the price. The employee or eligible sponsored person are entitled to their employee price and NOTHING LESS. Ah, but now, we are being told NOTHING MORE, either.

It would seem that "employees" have been shopping dealer prices and badgering dealers into giving up part of the 5.1% that the dealer is rebated back for providing said vehicle. :yes: This has pitted dealer against dealer, and undoubtedly created friction in the buying process.

Any "employee" getting caught messing with the employee price will be penalized, right up to dismissal. Pretty harsh words, by the sound of it. GM employees have been getting a pretty bad reputation around here. Even though they are paying dealer cost, they shop and shop and shop. Horrible waste of time on their part and the dealer's.

I am not sure why the crack down. Did it come from the dealer body? Did the CAW get complaints because someone got a G6 for $5 less than someone else on the line? Don't know, but I do welcome the crackdown.

The entire idea of an "employee price" is fairness across the board and an incentive to drive what you build. If any of you remember the "employee pricing" deal two summers ago, many consumers were shocked at how little discount they were getting because the dealers aren't making a ton of money on the deal any more.

What he said plus, GM has actually started checking to make sure those that got it were supposed to get it and they are checking with motor vehicle departments in all 50 states and Canada to make sure the employee is still in compliance with the program 6 months after the fact or longer(I won't tell you what they check, but they are checking). I've seen 3 people in Wilmington assembly alone stripped of that discount program for life because they lied about people who they said were family members and they later turned up being just friends or neighbors. Good luck on your friends Mom, they are cracking down, hate to see her lose the discount for life or be terminated, but oh well that's life! Houston, we have a problem! :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Well they can crack down but if they do they will lose a sell to Audi or Volvo! Saab needs help so I suggest they take the money and run. Anyway I went out and test drove the car today....here is my experience:

OK I am so amazed! Today I test drove a base model Saab 9-3 with a six speed. WOW! From the seats to the ride quality the car is amazing for the price. I mean you can get one before TTL for around 21K with the rebates applied. I have to ask what is wrong with people for passing on this car. I guess they were like me in a lot of ways. I assumed Saabs were expensive and it is rare that I pass one of their dealers. Well I feel that my next car search is over. If they still have 3K rebate in July then I am going to make the move. Finally I found a GM car that I can be happy with.

The car I drove was artic white with white leather. I mean how often do cars in today’s times have white leather. Plus it had the nice wood and all. I mean the shifting position was so comfortable and everything felt like second nature. Euro rags trash the car but sorry I think it is a remarkable deal and well worth the money. Not to mention they service your car for free for 40K miles, 5 years RSA, and of course the 100K warranty.

Anyway I think this car will get me back in the GM fold but Saturn will lose me because I can not wait for the Astra. Why would I want to anyway it will most likely cost the same that I can get the Saab with rebates and invoice pricing

Well, I hope you respect your friend enough to have her mother look into the "crackdown" before she helps you out. It could mean her job.

BTW: I love your attitude. I've had this discussion before with people who feel they are ENTITLED to a deal and are doing GM a favor. Good grief! Either you want the car or you don't...Blackmail is just childish. <_<

Dude it is not black mail I am just saying I want the best deal possible. If I can get it I will if not I will weight other options like a S40 or A3. As of now with the deal I can get the Saab is way ahead but trust if GM makes it hard for me then I will spend my money else wear.

Don't ya just love it when some import humper comes along, whining and mewling that "I-deserve," I am entitled to..." What, exactly? You just said that you liked the Saab, so go negotiate your best deal. Either you like the car, or you don't. Threatening that you won't buy it because you are not entitled to employee pricing is too bad. That is something the boys and girls at the UAW/CAW negotiated with their employer and costs their employer money. Why should you be entitled to that deal? Does GM owe you?

You are EXACTLY what is wrong with both our countries, my friend. I would have some respect for you if you at least liked A3 better, but to NOT buy a GM car because you can't get some discount that isn't yours anyway is like a 4 year old refusing to eat any ice cream because his mother can't get him chocolate. :hissyfit:

Look I never said I deserved anything but you seem to have a limited view of the world so process it however you can. If I can get the deal I will take it. Don't think I have to get it but guess what if I save thousands....I WILL! Also I do like the A3 better! I just don't think it is worth the money they want for it because it is a hatch. So if they had a discount GM would not get my business. Finally your analogies are way off and it is noting more than what every other buyer does when they are purchasing a car. The look for the best deal on the cars they are interested in. If you like one a little more it could lose out to a better deal on another car of interest that is cheaper. In case you didn't realize it that is how GM gets a lot of its sales and has for a while. Cash on the hood anyone?

Also let me say that while you are bashing me GM wishes they had more people that have historically prefered Euro cars try to consider an American car from them before every purchase( over 30). Even when they fall short and lose out I still come back and consider them again. Most people just say they make crap and don't look back.

Edited by rueben44

Hmmmm, perhaps GM should focus on GM Employee Discounts in Eastern Texas in the next year or so, shouldn't be to hard to do. :smilewide:

Humm I bet that I could get around it even if I had my friend purchase it(Use my home equity line of credit to pay cash) then I take it over from them. What ever you don't scare anyone least of all me. I get what I want and how I want it. Even if the employee did get in trouble guess what...I have my car! HA! Want a mission in life....let it be something a little bigger than what you are doing. Anyway I wash my hands of the topic because I will get what I want how I want it....EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT AND ALL! See ya and I will post pics when I sign the deal.