Feeling kinda lucky...

Well, I got a major surprise today.

My brakes went out on me-during the lunch rush.....

Lucky for me I made a turn down a side street to avoid a traffic back up.

Everything had been fine all day-but when the wagon hit the first stop sign- I didn't stop-and just missed avoiding a person backing out of their driveway- I just about had a heart attack.

After getting it to stop (it had a little stopping power left after that), I limped it to my folks house. (where I was on my way to)

I came out and checked it a few minutes later-and there was a small puddle and fluid all over my passenger tire

I had it towed away to the local shop...and my guess I either lost the hose to the brakes, or the line itself.

And just a few days earlier in the other car-somebody just pulled out within inches of me-causing me to get out of the way, and jump the curve...and I lost a wheel cover...and it drove left...which was fixed today....

All I can say is :WHEW! :thumbsup:

Glad you and the car are ok!

I had something like that happen once. It was winter 2 years ago, and I had to take my brother to school because he missed the bus. It was very cold that morning. When we pulled away from the house I heard a noise but thought nothing of it. After we get off teh highway and onto the school road. At the intersection stop light I noticed the Shadow's brakes were mush and it had very little stopping power, but just enough to stop at the intersection and park to call for AAA. Good thing I didn't lose them on the highway.

Well, I got a major surprise today.

My brakes went out on me-during the lunch rush.....

Lucky for me I made a turn down a side street to avoid a traffic back up.

Everything had been fine all day-but when the wagon hit the first stop sign- I didn't stop-and just missed avoiding a person backing out of their driveway- I just about had a heart attack.

After getting it to stop (it had a little stopping power left after that), I limped it to my folks house. (where I was on my way to)

I came out and checked it a few minutes later-and there was a small puddle and fluid all over my passenger tire

I had it towed away to the local shop...and my guess I either lost the hose to the brakes, or the line itself.

And just a few days earlier in the other car-somebody just pulled out within inches of me-causing me to get out of the way, and jump the curve...and I lost a wheel cover...and it drove left...which was fixed today....

All I can say is :WHEW! :thumbsup:

Was the puddle from the car or you? :P