Another Dealer Bites the Dust

Yesterday I grabbed the paper off the front porch, normally I don't bother but this time I picked it up. On the front page read "Manzi car dealership closes"

Posted Image

Tom Manzi Dodge, which has anchored the corner of Broadway and Merrimack Street in Lawrence for 40 years, and which has been selling cars in the Merrimack Valley for more than 50 years, has closed.

Link To Artcile

Clark Chrysler in the next town bought them and will start selling Dodge vehicles in addition to Chrysler and Jeep. I was there the other day...nice place but while friendly, felt like it was forced friendliness.

Long story short, this dealer has been part of the community for a long time, and has offered excellent and friendly service. I took my car car there for oil changes and the fuel pump gasket. I remember going there when I was younger when my parents needed a part for our cars. These were great people. They never tried to rip us off, they let me take a look at the then-new Dakota for an essay I was doing in school involving it. Even though they knew I they weren't going to get a sale from me or my parents, they happily let me look around and would have ven let me test drive it if I had my license at the time. This was the place where I got to drive the black Avenger R/t. The salesman (Eric) knew I wasn't going to buy it, but he let me take it for a spin, by myself (I wasn't quite 21 yet either).

I always said that when I had the money to buy a new car, I'd buy from them...I guess that's one promise I can no longer keep. :(

Edited by Dodgefan

• 2 weeks later...

Damn... that was a decent dealership. That sux.

My mother almost bought a brandy-new 1996 Neon from them.

I was with here and the salesman & manager were both better

than most in this business. Dust in the wind huh...