Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paolino

Dodge Calibur Lighting Question

7 posts in this topic

Since someone posted about the MB lighting question, I have a Dodge one. Last week I was on Sunrise Highway and saw a Calibur signaling. I was in the left lane doing a conservative, well, I was going faster.

When I passed it, I noticed it's headlight was flashing as a directional. I thought it was very odd. Then later I saw it changing lanes again and the other headlight was acting as a directional. It was during the day, and I wondered if it had something to do with it being more visible using daytime running headlamps.

Is it just a freak of nature electrical problem or does someone know if it's supposed to do that?

Can someone move this? I didn't realize I was putting it under news... I meant to put it under "The Other Guys" and the DCX forum.

I haven't noticed...I know on my car the directionals are the only ones that blink...believe me...that's all that is needed. I've never seen such bright directional lights.

God I hate the Caliber. It's soooooo ugly. :puke:

So it would not suprise me if they wanted to

be different at Mopar & reinvent the wheel.

I think what you're seeing is the white DRL headlamp shutting off when the turn signal is activated so the amber signal is more visible. It really doesn't actually make any sense, IMO. Just move your amber lamp further away from the DRL, idiots.

I think what you're seeing is the white DRL headlamp shutting off when the turn signal is activated so the amber signal is more visible. It really doesn't actually make any sense, IMO. Just move your amber lamp further away from the DRL, idiots.

That's what I was thinking... it just made no sense to me because it flashed opposite the directionals... almost like it was a 2nd directional. It looked absurd.

We're bitching over the way lights blink...now that's absurd! :P