Turbo Cobalt coming mid year?

I have some friends I work with that have family at Lordstown and work on the G5 and Cobalts built there.

One guy I work with has an uncle who does final checks and runs the new cars on a wheel dyno.

Sorry I don't have all the details but from what I have been told he has been training on a new Cobalt Turbo.

The only main details I could gleem are that it is much more powerful than the present SS. He also said the engine really was much the same as the Sky and Solstice just in a transvese location.

I tried to confirm the 5 speed auto tansaxle but he did not comment. I did see it is set to be on the HHR SS so it should be expected.

I would guess this car will see 240-260 HP by the time it hits the market.

Sorry I did not get more info but that is all I could get on the car. I did note he said there is not much news of a new car yet at Lordstown so I expect the UAW and GM will work on that after they come to terms on a company wide deal with the present talks. If they fail most of this work will go to Meixco.

Edited by hyperv6

I really want to throw a twin screw setup on my car. They've got a few cars with them; it's going to be about $3000-4000 I think, so it's way too expensive for me. However, with just intake/exhaust, this thing is putting out over 300 WHP.

I really want to throw a twin screw setup on my car. They've got a few cars with them; it's going to be about $3000-4000 I think, so it's way too expensive for me. However, with just intake/exhaust, this thing is putting out over 300 WHP.

I think the twinscrews are gonna have to come down in price and for the money their gonna command should be incorporated with a fresh design intake manifold ....the stock intake is a complete uneven flowing mess . They sound intoxicating , but ....there was a guy that swapped for Tag's turbo kit and made 401 wp on a stock engine @ 21psi . The latest company working on the twinscrew has not acheived 300 wp yet with higer boost levels .

From all Ive heard , the 2.0T SS comes 2nd 1/4 2008 as a 09 model

I did forget that he said the Car would be 0-60 in the low 5 second range. I think he said 5.3 of 5.4 sec.

If you want 300 HP at the wheel just wait for this car as the Solstice Eco with only a few mods made 320 HP on the SEMA car. IF I figure right that would be near 300 WHP on that car. The same mods will be available for the Cobalt too.