new iMac's today

13:16 Announces iLife’08. This is the biggest jump in the iLife since we announced it first.

13:14 Next we are talking about Applications we run on the Mac.

13:13 New ad, pretty sweet. Simple.

13:13 It has been thought through from a recycling prespctive. High quality plastic, aluminum and glass.

13:10 Intel Core 2 Duo processors, upto 2.8 GHZ on 24 inch model, up to 4 GB of memory, faster graphics ATI Radeon , up to one terabyte storage and Wireless-N. $1199: 250 GB, 2 G processor. Available now.

13:09 New Wireless Keyboard (very compact) has Bluetooth 2.0 and dedicated keys.

13:09 It has some dedicated keys - Expose, Dashboard, Dimmer, Media Keys.

13:09 New keyboard (as rumored), jokes (you might have seen on the web.)

13:08 PLEASE DON'T REFRESH THE PAGE..IT WILL DO SO AUTOMATICALLY

13:07 FireWire 800, 400, three USB 2.0 ports, SuperDrive, add memory by popping out one screw. Two sizes 20 inch and 24 inch displays - both are glossy displays.

13:05 We are going to make iMac better. Aluminum and Glass based iMac. Waiting to see the new one!

13:04 We are focusing on iMacs today. It is an all in one world. All devices are all-in-one devices. Notebooks are all in one devices.

13:03 Lets talk about the Mac, and says Mac is growing three times the industry over the past 12 months, and it is picking up market share. We have best notebooks and desktops in the business.

13:03 Steve Jobs just entered the stage. Says. THanks for coming over this morning, and we got great stuff for you.

Got a MacBook just a few weeks ago, so I'm both glad (that I got a good deal -- free nano, free printer/scanner/copier, $100 student discount -- on an awesome notebook) and annoyed (that there's a new iLife and Leopard coming out). Oh well...

I have to buy a laptop between now and the end of August for school. It'll most likely be a MacBook. I'm really not up on computers, so if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

I have to buy a laptop between now and the end of August for school. It'll most likely be a MacBook. I'm really not up on computers, so if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Buy the Macbook and buy as much ram as you can afford for it. Macbooks can run OSx and also, using software called Parallels or BootCamp, run Windows software or even a full version of windows itself. In essence you get two computers in one.

Buy the Macbook and buy as much ram as you can afford for it. Macbooks can run OSx and also, using software called Parallels or BootCamp, run Windows software or even a full version of windows itself. In essence you get two computers in one.

It's the first time I've used OSx, and I'm finding it surprisingly easy to use. It's less fussy than Windows.

I particularly like the pre-installed Apple software. I like how there isn't software "overlap" and how I don't have to choose between Windows Media, Quicktime, Real Player, or iTunes if I just want to play some damn music. I like how easy it is to upload photos from a camera (just plug in the cord; no additional software or drivers needed) or input music. I like how easy updates are; with my PC, I just skipped them because they came from so may different sources (Norton, Dell, Windows, and so on) and I just felt like I couldn't keep up. I like how easy it was to connect to the Internet. I like how everything stays organized.

And best of all, it has never frozen so far. Hope it stays that way.

I cant stand macs Give me a computer with XP or windows 2000. any day!

Every time i used a mac its either froze crashed or some other screwy compatibility problem with osX. Also there price tag is hefty. maybe i have bad luck or something but i guess until windows goes bankrupt i will stay with windows.

Only mac that has appealed to me much yet is the mac mini, and that's just from a daydreaming about doing a car computer standpoint. Though I must admit, my preference for windows comes both from it being what I'm used to, and that while I was a Purdue student I was able to get a lot of microsoft software for $5-10 apiece, including windows. I build my own compys, so once the software expense is pretty much nil, it's hard to beat the price.

He can probably get cheap Mac ram from newegg.com. 2 gig 667 MHZ notebook stick is like $129 dollars for a Corsair XMS, which is pretty darn good.

Is there any software that can run Mac on Windows PC?