Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oracle of Delphi

Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places

4 posts in this topic

ADELAIDE, Australia - An Australian farmer held hostage in Mali for 12 days by a gang of men who had posed as an online love interest has urged others to be careful when seeking romance on the Internet.

Des Gregor, 56, traveled to the West African nation last month to meet his supposed bride, whom he had met on the Internet, and collect a dowry of gold bars worth $85,000.

But when he arrived, the wheat and sheep farmer was abducted by a gang of armed bandits who bound him, beat him with a machete and stole his cash and credit cards.

Article continues: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20244273/?GT1=10252

This is indeed sad. One must be careful. I wrote in that thread months ago what happened to me through someone I met online. Yes, one must be careful and find out what you know.

This is about the 15th time this week that Ive heard about a love over the net linked to West Africa! After watching Dateline about these people that send money to "lovers" without even meeting them, It's sad to see that people could be soooo stupid to do that. They deserve all that happens to them. . . what a way to live and learn!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0