Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToniCipriani

Solstice Safety

8 posts in this topic

A sudden question pop into mind: Given the heat with the Solstice as a hot selling car, has anybody figured what its crash test results will look like?

Who cares. I get mine very very very very very soon! I'll be driving it off the lot and into the garage where it has jack stands waiting on it.

Josh, why the Jackstands? Are you buying the car as a collectible or preparing for modifications? I would imagine that the Soltice could be very very similar to the Vette in terms of collectibility, especially since its production is limited.

I'll be putting it up so I don't have to let the air out of tires, etc. You know the routine. Unplug the battery, put some fuel saver in the tank, etc. The weather is already too chilly to drive it around how I want to, with the top down so in it goes until Spring.

I have a feeling it'll do great in frontal crashes, not so much in side crashes or rollovers. It doesn't have any rollover hoops, and it doesn't have side airbags. No car has passed the IIHS side test without them so far. At least it has OnStar available... and sooner or later, stability control. Does the passenger seat have weight sensors for child seats?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0