Average MPG by actual Sierra owners?

To all of the 2008 Sierra 1500 owners out there, would you mind telling me (and any others with inquiring minds) what kind of average MPG you're getting with the varied uses you are putting your truck through? I'm curious what the actual numbers are with the adjusted-for-2008 EPA ratings. TIA! :thumbsup:

My 2008 Sierra All Terrain Z71 4X4 5.3 Flex Fuel 3.73 Gears, Highway Driving I have about 3000 miles on it. Running on Regular 87 Octane I have been averaging 17.5 mpg, Running on E85 I have been averaging 14.5 mpg. I am not to impressed my 2007 Sierra Z71 Crew with same engine and gears got alot better.

Yep that sounds about right we have 2 trucks that where replaced here at work last year, and they are getting no where near the mileage their older ones where. I think they are avg 17 something and they drive alot of hwy miles. With them avg 17 and me avg 15.9 close to 16 I am happy with what i get out of 6.0l I still get around 400 to 450 to tank of gas.

My 2008 Sierra Reg cab 4.8 V8 averages around 15 to 16 MPG... in a drive mix where 30% is downtown city street crawling and 70% is 70 mph freeway, with stop-and-go interruptions.

• 2 months later...

2008 Sierra Denali 2WD, 6.2L, 6L80E, 3.42 gears.

On my typical greater Houston area commute I average 13.5 MPG so far. Only 3400 miles on my truck, so it may get a touch better when fully broken in.

• 3 months later...

Well, my Sierra ventured away from the Houston city life... and made two major road trips this summer.

One trip to Pensacola, Florida ...and the other to Oldfort, Tennessee (not far from Chattanooga).

Florida was about 1050 miles round trip, Tennessee was 1700 miles round trip.

We calculated 18 mpg on the highway - running in the 70 to 80 mph range.

I can't complain.