Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

Skateboarding

9 posts in this topic

More and more I see guys that are in their mid 30s and up, on skateboards and they often look slightly foolish to me. It seems like a young person's thing...am I wrong in this?....just a fun topic to see how you all see this. Edited by HarleyEarl

I don't think so...a lot of people out here in California use them. Do you think "older" people on scooters or rollerblades is odd? I think anything that is fun, exercise, and transportation can be acceptable for all ages. Tony Hawk isn't a teenager...

More and more I see guys that are in their mid 30s and up, on skateboards and they often look slightly foolish to me.  It seems like a young person's thing...am I wrong in this?....just a fun topic to see how you all see this.

[post="31642"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think that it does look kinda funny, kinda like socks in sandles. That said I would like to think that I will be foolish in my mid 40s on a snowboard, only 20 years to go!

My favorite is when guys wear shorts with dark knee high socks and dressy shoes. I just crack up at the sight....would be even worse if they were also on a skateboard.

...maybe 'foolish' was too strong a word, I meant slightly awkward, out of place....it may be just my own perceptions of skateboarding. I equate it with young kids I guess. Edited by HarleyEarl

It's cool to see that it's the elders that are pushing the envelope...a lot of arts don't necessarily have to be left to the youngstas, and skateboarding is one of them.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room