Chevy Beat in Transformers 2

tfairandspace3_beat-copy.jpg

You know how there was a question of whether or not we'd ever see the Chevy Beat for sale in North America? The answer to that question is looking more like a big fat yes. Of course, a subcompact like the Beat makes perfect sense in a landscape where gas is selling for well over $4 a gallon in many areas. Our quasi-confirmation comes not from El Generalissimo, however, but from the set of Transformers 2, which was recently given its tagline: Revenge of the Fallen. In the photo above, next to Bumblebee, is the Chevy Beat -- partially covered, but the Beat nonetheless. You know what putting it in the movie does, right? It makes people want it. Last summer, it was the Camaro. Next summer, it looks like GM's gonna make the Beat a big star. You can see the above photo and more from the set at the Transformers Live Action Movie Blog.

Source: Autoblog

So, what's the likelihood that the 2nd transformers movie will be out before the Camaro? :rolleyes:

That's not funny, cause it's TRUE!

So, what's the likelihood that the 2nd transformers movie will be out before the Camaro? :rolleyes:

The Camaro is frim for Febuary and Transformers is not due till June July.

Anyone notice the rear wheel on the Bumble Bee? It is a new wheel.

Could this be the large Z/28 wheels we heard possible?

No Pontiacs and mostly Chevy craps then right? It's sure going to be one movie for me to avoid then...... So, the beat is going to be in huh?. A first for a Korean car(it IS that crappy daewoo no matter what) to debut in the holywood movie? No thanx.....

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

I wonder if they are still using the GTO-based props or maybe preproduction units? :scratchchin:

They did take the GTO Camaro's to do the movie. They used them on the show circuit till about March or April and then they were going to California for filming.

Settlmire said they cleaned them and detailed them up to do more movie work.

I think they wanted to keep with the same car and why paint up some other car when you have these available. Plus when the filming started the Mules were far from done.

I am betting the wheel is a Z/28 unit or a SPO wheel. It looks polished and has a split spoke like a Z06?

No Pontiacs and mostly Chevy craps then right? It's sure going to be one movie for me to avoid then...... So, the beat is going to be in huh?. A first for a Korean car(it IS that crappy daewoo no matter what) to debut in the holywood movie? No thanx.....

Get over it!! For Gods sake it just a movie!

For what it is worth Jazz was killed in the last movie and the original series according to my kid. From what I heard they were considering bringing Jazz back for the second movie. They are already bringing Optimus back and he did not return for the second round of the series.

Who know GM has a new Solstice Coupe he may just return improved.

Besides I am sure there will be a fair shot a G8 will show up somewhere. This is a full length marketing tool anyway?

Edited by hyperv6

Odd that anyone would want to watch a movie in the theatre just to see the cars in it. Let me guess, you went and saw The Fast & The Furious just to yell at the screen because you have a problem with imports.

Man, the point of this thread was simply to answer a question of confirmation on the production of a particular vehicle, not to question the point of what cars should be in a movie.

Get over it!! For Gods sake it just a movie!

For what it is worth Jazz was killed in the last movie and the original series according to my kid. From what I heard they were considering bringing Jazz back for the second movie. They are already bringing Optimus back and he did not return for the second round of the series.

Who know GM has a new Solstice Coupe he may just return improved.

Besides I am sure there will be a fair shot a G8 will show up somewhere. This is a full length marketing tool anyway?

Odd that anyone would want to watch a movie in the theatre just to see the cars in it. Let me guess, you went and saw The Fast & The Furious just to yell at the screen because you have a problem with imports.

Man, the point of this thread was simply to answer a question of confirmation on the production of a particular vehicle, not to question the point of what cars should be in a movie.

Seriously, it's a movie about giant robots not cars...cars are just the form they take to disguise themselves. Get over it dude.