New Hot Wheels 2008 1st Edition Releases

I have recently found the following three 2008 First Edition releases from Hot Wheels:

1970 Pontiac GTO Convertible (maroon):

7866_1.JPG

2008 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Concept (orange):

f704_1.JPG

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (metallic blue):

9297_1.JPG

The Camaro Convertible I picked up at K-mart earlier this past week, and the GTO and Corvette I found at Wal-Mart yesterday.

BTW, where has Olds Guy been? He usually makes these kinds of posts.

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome back Olds Guy!

I still can't find the Camaro...

:angry:

+1 on the "Welcome Back" Olds Guy! I've missed your updates & pictures.

TED, I was finding them pretty much everywhere around me; however, lately I noticed most of them are now gone (I was at Target, Toys R Us, and Wal-Mart yesterday for the Star Wars: Clone Wars toy premiere and I couldn't find one Camaro Convertible <I'm looking for another orange one>). Maybe the Camaro enthusiasts bought them all up already? I need to visit K-Mart soon for something else, I'll look there - if they have extras, do you want me to pick you up any?

You are just not looking hard enough (or maybe for the right thing)... the Firepower is out again, but not in the blue that it came out in originally. It is now flat black with red graphics. I think it has had a couple other paint schemes since the original release too.

Thanks all for the welcome back. I will be back in the swing by the weekend. I have lots of new stuff to takes pics of and upload. Knightfan get ready....

Edited by Olds Guy

DF:

you cna probably get one on ebay for like $2.50 + s&h.

That's why I'll often spend my last $.99 on a HW if is is

likely to be rare.

I have like 6 or 7 of the white diamond '63 Cadillac hearses

that MB came out with, but only 2 black ones... I passed on

a few and thought I'll buy one later, I opened one for myself

& opened one for Sofia and now I don;t have a black one in

a package.

You guys get the '69 Cadillac SDV hardtop from matchbox?

It's gold & has the same ('60s knock-off hub racng wheels)

rims all the MB classic cars have been wearing past 2 years.

I have the Camaro ragtop concept, have not seen the GTO-J

ragtop or the ZR1.

Thanks all for the welcome back. I will be back in the swing by the weekend. I have lots of new stuff to takes pics of and upload. Knightfan get ready....

*grins*

I'm ready!

he he

BTW...how far are you from Detroit now? I'll be in that general area for lunch on Aug 8 (at least, that's the plan now...I had posted about the road trip some time ago, but not sure if you saw that. I'll post again soon about it).

I suspect HW will have a production version of the Camaro out by the end of the year or next year. They've done concept and production versions of the Challenger so far.

I have both...it's interesting to compare the concept and production Challenger side-by-side. I actually prefer the production car's profile.

I have both...it's interesting to compare the concept and production Challenger side-by-side. I actually prefer the production car's profile.

Yeah, I think they did a good job on both... they captured the 1:1 differences between the concept and production pretty accurately.

I got a couple of these already, the graphics

are bit too much but I've seen MUCH worse

from HW. I'm sure at some point we'll see a

"Taco-Bell Tribal Tattoo-Art Edition" Camaro.

2008077jn9.jpg

Yey... for the Camaro they'll probably just

mold a new green-house-glass part # with

the b-pillar and side windows.

:( Depressing

I hope they do a G8 and CTS...

Agreed!

Also, I can not beleive no one has ever done a 1:64 scale

'59 Buick, what the heck?, it's such a cool car styling wise!

You know there is a '59 Buick Electra 225 1:18 out now, right? By the same company that did the '71 Riv in 1:18.

Agreed!

Agreed!

Husky made one in the early '60s...I have 3 of 'em in my collection, Invicta hardtops.. they are tiny, probably closer to 1/70th scale. Husky was Corgi's Matchbox competitor brand, eventually renamed Corgi Jr.

HuskyPoliceCar.jpg