- - - - KA-Blamo!

So the other day I'm at home in the moring getting my day started, I've got several hours of painfully dull work ahead of me and in the mean time a client needs a delivery to western Mass. Since I'm busy and Marcia was going to visit her Friend Audrey anyway (who lives close by to the drop off point) she runs out wiht the Datsun and leaves me and at home to take care of myself and the baby... both sick with a bad cough, runny nose and worst of all a nasty sore throat. Several hours go by and I'm statring to get pissed. I call her on the cell phone and I'm like WTF? Where are you? This isn't a vacation I need you back here so I can concentrate on work not Sofia who is very upset and needs you. As it turns out Audrey was backing out of her driveway so Marcia could park the Datsun in their driveaway and they could take the Focus to the store. Oh, back up a sec. Audrey bought a nice used black Focus sedan this past July. A few week later she had a wicked expensive subwoofer/box/amplifire/cd player/stereo installed and so the girls always take her Focus so they can blast their corny Dance Music. So Marcia is in the Datsun on the street waiting to pull into Audrey's driveway. Audrey has just backed out of the driveway and is going to pull forward onto the street as a car comes flying down the street at about 45mph. He's in a residential neighborhood (25mph) and he's not slowing down one bit. Marica honks the horn to warn Audrey just in time for her to look up and see herself get rear ended at a massive speed and pushed down the street 20 feet. The other car comes to a stop finally and Audries right tail light and bumper cover are like a half a block away. The car you ask? What was the other guy driving? 1970 Cadillac SedanDeVille. The Caddy has a scuffed up bumper and a slight (tiny)crease in the front fender. Audrey's trunk is smashed in, her bumper is pushed in several inches and bent like a V and the whole bumper cover is in another area code. They went to the emergency room and Audrrey is going to be okay but the time lost from work, the pain and stress is doing a number on Audrey. SHe has bad wiplash and her spine is a bit off at the neck. Waht sucks is that they did not take photos of the accident sceene and they moved the cars before the cop got there... Freeking Broads, Audrie blames it on Shock but Marcia even had a camera phone! Anyway guy in the Caddy admited to fumbling with his radio and never even touched his brakes so it should be an open-and-closed case of neglegence on his part, but the idiot cop who arrived to write the report said Audrey did not have the right of way... as if, eh - wahtever. The point is I told her to seek legal council. Audrey and her husband are going to be severely inconvenienced by all this so they should get a fair settlement. They're good peopole but not rich so a little money for all the pain and agrevation will be well deserved. But the point is, shock or not, you ALWAYS keep a camera in your car for this exact scenario and you NEVER unless told so by a cop, move your car from the sceene of the accident. Edited by Sixty8panther

But the point is, shock or not, you ALWAYS keep a camera in your car for this exact scenario and you NEVER unless told so by a cop, move your car from the sceene of the accident.

[post="34956"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

More less, yeah. I always have my digi with me for such a case, though I've never needed to use those photos to prove anything. Also, always call the police. I don't care who it is, where it is, where you have to go do not trust ANYONE to give you their proper insurance information. When my Olds was backed into but the stupid 4Runner bitch, we both waited 45min in the hot July sun for a police volunteer to arrive on scence (since it was non-emergency and on private property), but I didn't care. I remember her husband came by and told me, "Oh, well, I'm a Deputy Sheriff Volunteer in So-and-So County, and the police can't asses blame on private property so she can just give you her info and we can go." I was like. "Oh yeah? Interesting. I still called the police."

My friend at UCF in Orlando recently had an accident where someone in her apartment complex backed into her Taurus and really, really messed the bumper up badly. She just took her insurance info and called it in later. Guess what? She gave her false information and guess what else? She lied about being in that complex, too; she was visiting a friend there. So, now she has to go through alot more hassle to try to recover.

Also, after an accident that's not your fault, if you're going to file an insurance claim, do it immediately. The sooner you get your word in, the better.

If I were you I would tell her to go to a chiropractor NOW. The best time to recieve treatment after an accident is immeadately till 2 weeks. After that the body starts to make changes to take stress off the areas not in alignment. I work at a chiropractor's office and am going to school in May, trust me it is best for her. If she gets care now then she will be better off in the long run. Basically her body will adapt to the new position of the bones and it will decrease her range of motion AND increase the rate at which her spine and discs wear out. If you have questions about insurance let me know I work with it everyday.

All roads lead to the Simpsons!

All roads lead to the Simpsons!

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther