Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2007 Suburban Question

mr.nice

Looking at getting a preowned 2007 Suburban, and I have a question that hopefully some expert/dealer can answer here.

There is one available in another city (an LT3), so I am going by the website and the pictures. The pictures show it has a front screen. When I asked the dealer about it having navigation, he was suprised. that it even had a screen. Supposedly it has the front screen in the dash that is a DVD (also has the 2nd row DVD), it has a backup camera, but supposedly no navigation.

Was/is that possible?

A google search brings up nothing, and attempting to build a 2008 one on the Chevy site seems to have a Sun and Sound package, not able to pick those individual options.

I find it odd to put the DVD, backup camera and touch screen for radio and xm, (and DVD slot) yet not to stick an antenna and have it Nav capable. Is the dealer mistaken (its not a GM dealer) and it just is missing a Nav disc? Or could it actually hjave everything in the dash except the antenna to make it Nav capable?

If this is the fact that it doesn't indeed have navigation, is it just a matter of getting a factory antenna and a Nav disc to be able to have navigation.

Thanks,

If the screen is the same one common to these in place of the standard stereo unit, it is navigation definitely. There was no other way to get the screen.

It was the navigation radio alone as an option (U3U code) with a top slot that plays CD's only with the DVD Navigation slot behind the screen:

bt_nav_cd_chevy.jpg

Or navigation (UVB code) teamed with the factory rear seat DVD player with a top slot that plays CD's or DVD's (for the rear system or also shown on the front screen if in park). Not the extra logos along the bottom of this one:

bt_nav_dvd_chevy.jpg

There was no other way to have this screen in place of the regular radio, unless it's an aftermarket system and screen of some sort without Nav. In this case, the Nav DVD is either just missing or out and hidden somewhere in the vehicle.

If the screen is the same one common to these in place of the standard stereo unit, it is navigation definitely. There was no other way to get the screen.

It was the navigation radio alone as an option (U3U code) with a top slot that plays CD's only with the DVD Navigation slot behind the screen:

bt_nav_cd_chevy.jpg

Or navigation (UVB code) teamed with the factory rear seat DVD player with a top slot that plays CD's or DVD's (for the rear system or also shown on the front screen if in park). Not the extra logos along the bottom of this one:

bt_nav_dvd_chevy.jpg

There was no other way to have this screen in place of the regular radio, unless it's an aftermarket system and screen of some sort without Nav. In this case, the Nav DVD is either just missing or out and hidden somewhere in the vehicle.

Thanks very much...

Yeah, it has those logos as it has the rear seat entertainment. I did an ebay search myself and found these head units...just couldn't tell if there were different head units, but this confirms it.

I couldn't belive you'd be able to get a screen just for DVD's when in park or a touch screen radio.

So clearly it has it, and obviosuly missing the disc.

Obviously not going to reveal this to the dealer...its certainly priced at a level that doesn't take Navigation into account in the price. Really odd for it to be optioned out like that, yet have only the base 17" wheels. That and the interior color is 3rd on the list (grey) for us, but everything else other then the wheels is exactly what we want...but wheels can be changed out.

But nothing else near in that price range has Nav.

Anyways, thanks again.

just to let you knowm, if it doesnt have nav dvd... its expensive, at least our dealership always kept a tight lock and key on them due to their price tag... perhaps they have come down in the last year or two... there is also a get the dvd's to play while in drive, a lot of my customers ended up with the mod... not too expensive, forget what it involves...

Further: Called the GM Nav Disc center, as entering the VIN on their website states that the VIN is not of a valid Suburban with Navigation.

The likely scenario is that it was dealer installed, but not from the factory. The guy on the other end says that if I bought it, I would need the RPO code from the NAV (which means it has to be pulled) in order to make sure I get the correct disc for the correct NAV (and get my potential vehicle in the GM database as having a Nav). As this is a independant, not private dealer, they can't/won't pull out a Nav system, or would they let me take it to a dealer to do.

I asked this guy if aren't all Nav's that fit in Subrurbans the same for navigation? I know there are two different models as showcased above, but within each of those models they are the same...basically, no other GM Nav system looks like this and would work in a Surbrban/Yukon, meaning this is like a factory installed Nav, and thus, all the RPO codes should be similar.

So if it looks like this, and works with DVD, can I safely assume it's the same Nav system as would've been factory installed, and as such, have the same RPO as one from the factory?