Help me... Tranny Issues... PLEASE HELP!

Well this morning dawned liked an ordinary day. The old Chevrolet fired up like always, and the 3.4 came to life. Drove fine until this afternoon when it began shifting hard while driving it. It gave you a little more a jerk and whining sound. I haven't had the trans serviced in a while (maybe not at all) it is 7 years old and has 76,xxx miles on it. Is my trans going? It doesn't feel like slipping tho, but hell it could be? Does it need to be serviced or am I out a tranny? Please help my trans knowledge is limited. PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance.

Your transmission may benefit from a flush if the fluid is dirty and fouling up the sensor. You may also need to get a new PCS solenoid. Take it in to your trusted mechanic/dealership and get it scanned for any codes, followed by a checkup.

Unrelated question: have you replaced your intake manifold gaskets? The OEM ones are known for failures causing engine damage if not checked up on or replaced with better-designed aftermarket ones.

Edited by Croc

God point no that has been done. I did it 10K ago. Thanks so you don't think the trans is going? Do you? I hope your right.

I didn't say that--it could be going out. But it could also be those other things. Just take it to a good mechanic for a diagnosis.

Well just drove it and it was normal no noise or anything and shifted just like it did back in April 2001 when I got her. I am still getting an appointment for her tho. I think you might be right about the service and pcs. Thanks croc. I am glad we have true gearheads hear like you!

Normally I would say that its a problem with the transmission not being able to pass enough fluid through the filter to allow smooth operation. I'd service the transmission and then see what she acts like afterwards. Normally I service the transmission on my Impala around every 50,000 miles no matter what kind of driving I'm doing, that way it stays taken care of.