Why waste the money.

Why do companies waste money advetising things that sell very poorly. I see boatloads of commercials for the Ford Flex which sells less than 2000 per month. Mercury and Mitsibishi run endless amounts of commercials and don't sell hardly any vehicles.

This wasted money should go towards makng more desirable vehicles.

Why do companies waste money advertising things that sell very poorly. I see boatloads of commercials for the Ford Flex which sells less than 2000 per month. Mercury and Mitsibishi run endless amounts of commercials and don't sell hardly any vehicles.

This wasted money should go towards making more desirable vehicles.

I think Ford is seeking to establish a foothold for Flex. From what I've seen of it it seems a competent, thrifty hauler with styling that wouldn't be critiqued so harshly were it a Toyota.

That being said, the quirky styling works for me.

I think Ford is seeking to establish a foothold for Flex. From what I've seen of it it seems a competent, thrifty hauler with styling that wouldn't be critiqued so harshly were it a Toyota.

That being said, the quirky styling works for me.

What's hurting the Flex's sales potential is the high sticker price coupled with the economy right now...

It gets people into the dealer. Even if they say dont end up buying a Flex but another Ford product it still got the person in the door. I would imagine Ford too will take a customer any way they can get one.

What's hurting the Flex's sales potential is the high sticker price coupled with the economy right now...

I think that discretionary spending is being reined-in or adjusted on a daily basis.

I can't wait to hear the wailing and gnashing of the merchants this Christmas selling season.

For any doubter that would claim things aren't as bad as they're being made out to be, these sales should be an indicator of the health of the economy-at-large.

It gets people into the dealer. Even if they say dont end up buying a Flex but another Ford product it still got the person in the door. I would imagine Ford too will take a customer any way they can get one.

I think people would go to the dealer if a better selling car was advertised that was better well known and desired, then they might go to the dealer and find something like a Flex. Also the Flex name is stupid. They should have stuck with Fairlane, at least it was a reconizable name that people associate with Ford. I also thought it was dumb for Buick to have the Lacrosse and Lucerne. They should have been the Regal and Park Avenue. It has paid off for Chevy to bring back the Impala name to replace Lumina