Yes another notebook...

gm4life

Well here is the first thread...

First Post... on Lenovo...

I have basically already have been ready for something faster, with a web cam and larger HD even tho I have a larger 500gb External hard-drive. And with alot better graphics card... I decided on a Dell Vostro 2510 due in part to the attractive $379 rebate that ends tonight. So here is what I ordered and I can't wait to upgrade it. I have a friend who is in need of a small computer and will sell my Lenovo for a small loss and move on. Here is what I am getting... Also I was so excited I could still get XP!

I will moving my 2007 Office Suite and CS3 Suite over as well. I now can game on it, wahoooo! Tell me what you think...

TheDellOnlineStore_BuildYourSystem_.jpg

TheDellOnlineStore_BuildYourSyst-2.jpg

TheDellOnlineStore_BuildYourSyst-1.jpg

Edited by gm4life

I'm not a laptop person...they are more difficult to upgrade than a desktop, and more expensive spec for spec. I know one person with a Dell laptop that he sold off because the monitor stopped working.

Oh wait, my mechanic has a Dell laptop...nevermind I hate them...that thing was such a clusterf**k and it was only 6 months old. HP for me. :P

Edited by Dodgefan

Dell FTW!!!!!!!!

Had to an issue with my Mobo on my XPS 1530 with the nvidia chip. after talking to tech supprt. Next day DHL had my mobo sitting on my porch.

Dell has mixed reviews but they are really good IMO. Better than HP and IBM Quality and Support wise. Im ordering an Latitude E6400 (red) soon for my beater

Nice...though personally I would've just upgraded to another Lenovo...

I love the new W series...they are available with very nice graphics capabilities as well...Though, the one I spec'd is very expensive...and they are huge laptops too...well, the 17" W700 anyway...

XPS gold and Gold Business are based out of Texas and California from 8 am to 6pm unless there are high amount of calls. Also there servers are supported by a 4 hour same day warranty which is crazy. Our engineers Design lab server crashed dell, had parts and a tech out in 2 1/2 hours. They fixed the hardware part but it messed up windows a bit and they wont touch that. From What I have seen Lenovo has dropped the ball lately. Still good no doubt but they can do better.

Anyone with a Nvidia 8 series should be concerned about over heating and overall death of the chip. Nvida had some batches of bad dies and put out some crap chips and they mostly affect 8600 gt's. Even Apple has a recall out.

I was told they get hot from a very techy friend. I like technology and know some but not nearly as much as him or some of you folks. He told me not to worry about the 8400 GS he said it will get warm but no super hot. He also said the troubles they had were on the 8600's. He has an 8800 on his pc. I am not a huge gamer but will a little and do use the CS Suite from Adobe ALOT. Actually the 8400 will be plently considering I had an intergerated one in my Lenovo which was worthless so a seperate video/graphics card is just a huge deal in and of itself not to mention an 8XXX Series Nvidia.

Really? It used to be more and yes newegg is much cheaper than say Staples or Office Depot.

It's like they say: once you know, you newegg.

Priced have come down quite a lot, as they always do to make way for the next gen stuff. Since I discovered it I have never looked back. They have a much larger selection, better prices, awesome customer service and fast shipping. I get all of my computer needs from them.

Right now I'm eyeballing a EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 for $159.99.

That card will kick ass.

Card? Try cards. When I do upgrade it will be SLi. 8)

14-130-339-03.jpg x2

muhahahahaha

Although I like the 8800GT because it's much slimmer. The 9800GXT apparently is only 10-15% better but the price is about the same now, so if I can fit them I will buy them when I upgrade.

Edited by Dodgefan

whats sad is my 8800 ultra is better than the 9800 gtx in most things. 9 series = waste of time.

You need to get 3 GTX 280's!!! tri sli ftw

I love that ATI has leveled the playing field and prices had to drop.

I think both of you are way too deep into graphics cards.

Not really, because although I do use them for gaming, I also use them for work, being a graphic designer and all.

Besides, upgrading will cost me less than third of what your laptop costs :P

Edited by Dodgefan

• 4 weeks later...