Fall Cleaning and photos

So my plans for today were pretty much canceled, and since it was actually pretty nice out (50 degrees) I took the opportunity to give the cars a good interior cleaning, and my car a much needed washing. Enjoy!

Up first is the GM. The steering wheel and driver's door have been really dirty since the day we bought the car. Finally, I spent the time cleaning the surfaces of the interior. Makes a huge difference I think.

100_2048.jpg

100_2049.jpg

100_2050.jpg

100_2051.jpg

100_2052.jpg

100_2053.jpg

100_2056.jpg

100_2057.jpg

100_2058.jpg

100_2059.jpg

Edited by Dodgefan

Wow, that grime looks like it was really ground in on the Grand Marquis. The previous owners must have never bothered to clean it on a regular basis.

I usually try to Armor All my interior at least once a month during the summer. During the winter, it's more like once every couple months.

I knew a girl in college that hadn't washed her car (a '90s Cutlass Supreme) the entire time she'd owned it (almost 4 years). I don't even want to think about what the salt was doing to her paint.

Wow, that grime looks like it was really ground in on the Grand Marquis. The previous owners must have never bothered to clean it on a regular basis.

I usually try to Armor All my interior at least once a month during the summer. During the winter, it's more like once every couple months.

I knew a girl in college that hadn't washed her car (a '90s Cutlass Supreme) the entire time she'd owned it (almost 4 years). I don't even want to think about what the salt was doing to her paint.

Armor All is amazing stuff. I still have to clean the steering column on the Mercury...it's just been so damn cold.

I don't know how people can just let their cars go like that. It says a lot about the person IMO. Some people just don't care I guess. I knew a guy who bought a Focus new, and that thing was an absolute sh1thole. It smelled funny every time I road in it. Their were stains on every surface: seats, carpet, dash, headliner...

It was also always full of crap. That poor thing was a mess right up until the day he ran a red light and totaled it.

Armor All is amazing stuff. I still have to clean the steering column on the Mercury...it's just been so damn cold.

I don't know how people can just let their cars go like that. It says a lot about the person IMO. Some people just don't care I guess. I knew a guy who bought a Focus new, and that thing was an absolute sh1thole. It smelled funny every time I road in it. Their were stains on every surface: seats, carpet, dash, headliner...

It was also always full of crap. That poor thing was a mess right up until the day he ran a red light and totaled it.

Yeah, there's a guy at work who has an '07 Sonata and the interior is just trashed. I rode in it with him and some others to lunch one day and there were stains and spills all over the seats, dirt on the handles, all kinds of crap on the floor. It looked like he had been carrying potted plants in the backseat and never bothered to clean up the dirt afterward. I don't get how someone can be so apathetic about something they spent $20 grand to buy.

• 2 months later...
It may, which brings up an interesting question:

It's a AAA battery, about a year and a half old, the battery is warrantied for 3 years. Thing is I don't have AAA at the moment, is it still covered?

That's a really good question... I'd find somebody and ask them... and then get my next battery from AutoZone if it's not covered.

Oh yeah, :fryingpan: for dropping AAA.

Didn't want to drop AAA. Originally it was my mom's plan with me as a sub member. She changed insurances and dropped AAA, which left me with the primary membership. I'd love to pay it but when car insurance is $000 a month + other bills, it's hard to come up with extra cash.