Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loki

'09 CES

7 posts in this topic

Do any of you look forward to CES this next month?

I always look at the mobile audio stuff, mainly headunits, pioneer.

the TV stuff will prolly be good

I am excited about AMD releasing the Phenom II and the AM3 platform. there are reports/data that shows the 920's hitting just under 4Ghz OC'd on air on the 790GX chipped mobo's. the 940's are BE running at 3ghz stock, the 920's are supposedly 2.8ghz stock.

i don't expect to see any SED tv's this year, but might be surprised...?

you looking forward to anything?

Intel i7 with its tri memory technology. I have heard initially testings show that it runs circles around the current 45nm processors from intel. Phenom tri core might be fun for budget people.

Android - so much for the google hype.

Better and cheaper SSD's. Intel already has made one which is faster than a 10k Raptor.

Intel i7 with its tri memory technology. I have heard initially testings show that it runs circles around the current 45nm processors from intel. Phenom tri core might be fun for budget people.

yeah, i7.... it is a haus. sadly it's been shown to have a TLB bug like the v.1 phenoms had though.

I don't anticipate spending that kind of money for an i7 on my next pc though. hehe

yeah, i7.... it is a haus. sadly it's been shown to have a TLB bug like the v.1 phenoms had though.

I don't anticipate spending that kind of money for an i7 on my next pc though. hehe

They have lower speced i7 CPUs for like $230 and change. Glad to know about their problems. Sadly AMD has been left in dust by Intel. I hope they do not die and make intel the sole chip maker.

I'm waiting to see what the new AMD's will do. I'm aiming to build a nerdbox in the new year, so I have to figure out if I want to go with the Core2's, the i7's, or socket AM3. :(

They have lower speced i7 CPUs for like $230 and change. Glad to know about their problems. Sadly AMD has been left in dust by Intel. I hope they do not die and make intel the sole chip maker.

yes....but the mobos will prolly be $150-200 more for i7 if you want to take full use of it..then the ram....

I prices out the cheapest i7 Motherboard I could find which only had two PCI-E slots, and fewer goodies, and the Core i7 920, and the price was about $700 bucks! That's just the two components; you still have to add in the RAM, GFX, etc... For the same amount, I priced out an E8500, a P45 with plenty of goodies, RAM, and a Radeon 4850 for the same amount.

AMD can't come out with their new stuff fast enough, so we can have some competition.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room