Tripod Advice

I was wondering if any of you guys could give me advice on a camera tripod. The one I have is old and well, a piece of crap. It's held together with J-B Weld, lacks the features I want, but worst of all, can't hold the camera steady.

So here's my criteria:

• Durable, but fairly lightweight
  • Must be able to tilt the camera 90 degrees and be able to pan up and down...at the very least.
  • Detachable release plate.
  • $50 is the limit...I can go a little over but I'd prefer not too...on a budget.

Now, I'm gonna have to take a trip to the camera store and play with some to see how the features work...because I don't know exactly how a 90 vertical platform works...for example. However, I have an idea how it works. I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on brand or head type. Just browsing, I found these that looked like they might fit the bill:

Giottos VT-808 3-Section Tripod with 3 Way Pan/Tilt Head & Quick Release

41DEEUwcI9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Dolica STC-100 63-Inch Tripod with 68-Inch Ball Head Tripod Kit

41LlArpkQHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head

31xiVVXdQ1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Dolica AX680P104 68-Inch Proline Tripod and Pan Head

31g7fXsa0lL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

If any of you are familiar with these head types and tripods please let me know what you think would be best...or if there is a brand preference, or advice or whatever. I want to get one for next week if possible. Thanks!

For $50 that Velbon will probably do the trick. I had a velbon sherpa tripod for a while that was decent but I upgraded when I got more expensive glass.

Yes it's looking like a good choice to me as well. There is one other that looked appealing:

Calumet 7100 Tripod with Three-way Quick Release Head

ASSET_57437.jpg

At this point I think it's a choice between this and the Velbon.