SMS 570X Challenger: 700 HP With “Minor” Modifications

SMS_570X_Challenger.jpg

How do you get a 5.7 Hemi to make 700 HP? With a whopping great big supercharger, that's how. But don't worry, the rest of the SMS 570X Challenger has been suitably beefed up, too.

Jalopnik

PRESS RELEASE

Steve Saleen and his company SMS are well on the way to production with the first vehicle in

the line of Signature Series ultra-high performance vehicles. The SMS 570 Challenger will

be the first vehicle with a host of aesthetic and functional innovations including the patented

SMS Red Butterfly Induction™ hood and a full compliment of SMS ultra-high performance

components including: drivetrain, suspension, aerodynamics, tires, wheels and interior.

Steve Saleen presents the SMS 570 Challenger

The fully certified and street legal SMS 570 Challenger and SMS 570X Challenger will be

based off the 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T platform and will feature a SMS designed and

engineered SMS 296 Supercharger atop the 5.7L Hemi, with power ratings from 500 to over

700 horsepower respectively.

Steve Saleen presents the SMS 296 Supercharger

The MSRP's for the 2009 SMS 570 Challenger and SMS 570X Challenger are targeted to

start at $64,870 to $84,970 respectively with production commencing in 2008. Both models

will carry a bumper-to-bumper factory warranty.

This is an exciting opportunity for the Mopar community to finally take part in the ultra-high

performance niche production vehicle market! So act now to reserve yours.

Steve Saleen presents the SMS 570 Challenger

Each of these limited edition vehicles will be personally signed by Steve Saleen as part of the

Signature Series product line, complete with unique badges and graphics. Production

numbers will be limited per year depending on the model, so the opportunity to be one of the

few owners is limited to a first come first served basis. So act now, by placing your pre-

production orders though any Dodge dealer in the US. Or call us directly for more details.

SMS

We are a niche manufacturer of lifestyle ultra-high performance vehicles, technical

performance parts, lifestyle accessories and apparel. We design, engineer, test, certify,

manufacture and assemble all our own products and vehicles.

"I am drawing upon 25 years of rich experience in the automotive industry to address

the rapidly expanding global market of automotive lifestyle vehicles, technical

performance parts, accessories and apparel" explains Steve Saleen, Chairman and

CEO of SMS.

SMSChallenger1.jpg

SMSChallenger2.jpg

I don't like anything they did to the front or those stupid sideways hood scoops (or whatever they are), but the back looks nice.

$65k seems rather high though, for what you get; I would much rather have an M3 than this for that price (or CTS-V, among others). This is basically a GT500 competitor, only it's $15k more.

700HP for $85k seems more reasonable, but again, I don't think I would pick the Challenger at that price.

Doesn't look like the hood lines up. Bulges towards the center.

I would much rather have a fully loaded S5. ;]

It's a retro style hood w/ Road Runner style air extractors...interesting spin on a Mopar hood..I'd rather have seen something like a flat black '70 T/A style hood, I think one of the SEMA concepts last year had one..