Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Josh

GM Loves The Horton Camaro

8 posts in this topic

The prototype 1969 540 Camaro SuperCoupe, shown for the first time at the 2005 SEMA Show, wins GM's top Design Award. At a special awards breakfast, Kip Wasenko, Director Of Design, Special Vehicles, General Motors, presented the highly coveted, Third Annual 'Best GM Vehicle' Design Award to the MOTION Team for its coachbuilt 700-hp, two-seat Camaro Supercar. "In a crowded field of restyled GM products at SEMA this year, the Baldwin-Motion 540 Camaro SuperCoupe, penned by Kris Horton working with MOTION, LLC CEO, Larry Jaworske and Joel 'Mr. Motion' Rosen, literally stole the Show," said Kip Wasenko. Citing the SuperCoupe's "extraordinary design, execution, attention to detail and flawless fit and finish" he presented the Design Award to MOTION, LLC President, Joel Ehrenpreis and the Team on behalf of General Motors. The prototype SuperCoupe, handcrafted by Phil Somers at Time Machines, is powered by an all-aluminum Merlin/Motion 540-inch, 700-hp big-block fitted with Cross-Ram fuel injection. The FI system was designed for the Camaro's powerplant by Jim Kinsler. "During the Supercar Sixties and Seventies, Joel Rosen and Marty Schorr's original Baldwin-Motion big-block Camaros and Corvettes contributed to the mystique of the brands. I was a big Motion fan then and I'm still a big fan," added Wasenko. A total of 12 Baldwin-Motion 1969 540 Camaro SuperCoupes will be produced, each essentially a one-off built to the purchaser's specifications. Prices start at $427,000. For more information, visit www.officialbaldwinmotion.com

My question is this. If a design penned by Kris Horton "stole the show" per GM's design king........why is he not on your pay-roll? Give the kid the reigns and let him loose. He knows what he's doing!

Yeah, that pic made my PC slower than a Chevette in a snowstorm.

It also makes it hard to get a good sense of the car as a whole.

Anyhow, that is an impressive machine. It's half-a-mil' price tag is certainly justified.

My question is this. If a design penned by Kris Horton "stole the show" per GM's design king........why is he not on your pay-roll? Give the kid the reigns and let him loose. He knows what he's doing!

[post="46381"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why would he work at GM when he can make Chip Foose kind of money on his own..

I thought autoweek or somebody said the camaro/new coupe was confirmed to be a stretched kappa? no? I thought Jalopnik had it. DT

Ravishing, Brutally Sexy, Awsome, SuperSporty... words fail me. This this is da BOMB!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0