New JL (finally)

I've got a three (black, yellow & burgundy metallic) Syclone JL

1:64s & I've been waiting about 12 years for the Typhoon. :yes:

Edited by Sixty8panther

I've got those on order, don't have them yet.

A couple models I'm looking forward to---Revell just announced that in the fall they are coming out with new 1:25th scale kits of the '66 Impala SS and '72 Olds Cutlass Hurst/Olds convertible.

Am I the only one seeing red X's instead of pictures of the new diecast cars???

And like you Sixty8, I too have been waiting forever (10 years now since the JL Syclones first came out) for a GMC Typhoon. I've got just about all of the JL Syclone releases, except for the last issue (which looks the most stock of them all). Of course I can juts buy it on eBay, but there's no fun in that (I like the hunt at car & toy shows).

• 4 weeks later...
jlmcss.jpg

This, I like.

Now, I gotta find this ... and one of the Aerocoupe models, too.......hmmmm.....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm just out to find the better part of me" ... 5 For Fighting ... 'Superman'

Hey, I'm glad to see you guys still are interested in my die-cast posts..... I know I havent been around much, but life has been busy.

I just ordered a HW El Camino (1980) to be delivered next month.

BTW, the Monte has an orange color detailing the rear defrost grid.

Edited by Olds Guy

Hey, I'm glad to see you guys still are interested in my die-cast posts..... I know I havent been around much, but life has been busy.

I just ordered a HW El Camino (1980) to be delivered next month.

Is this the Elco you are talking about, thinking about getting one of these..

Hot Wheels Collectors site

P9098_sale_29946.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

This, I like.

Now, I gotta find this ... and one of the Aerocoupe models, too.......hmmmm.....

I got that one recently, it's quite nice. Their Aerocoupe version so far has only been offered in chrome..would like to see them do a regular color issue.

I'm so mad because many of the retailers I usually buy my diecasts from have cut back due to teh economy (recession) and I'm not finding the new stuff lately. I'll be going to two big truck/car shows soon and will most likely find the stuff there, but at a premium price :angry:Olds Guy, two things: (1) where have you been finding these new releases?, and (2) please continue to post more findings!!

I'm so mad because many of the retailers I usually buy my diecasts from have cut back due to teh economy (recession) and I'm not finding the new stuff lately. I'll be going to two big truck/car shows soon and will most likely find the stuff there, but at a premium price :angry:Olds Guy, two things: (1) where have you been finding these new releases?, and (2) please continue to post more findings!!

Not Olds Guy, but I hear you... I've given up on trying to find stuff at retailers like Target and Wal-Mart (except for Hot Wheels and Matchbox). The pegs always seem picked over.

For Johnny Lightning, Greenlight, and M2, I buy pretty much all of mine from reputable online vendors, like these:

Milezones (my favorite for JL,GL, and M2) (www.milezone.net)

Evers Toy Store (www.everstoystore.com) Also a source for JL,GL and M2, as well as Revell 1:24/1:25th scale model kits

Diecast Alley http://dcastalley.stores.yahoo.net/

1Stop Diecast www.1stopdiecast.com

Rob

Well, the two JLs here were found at TRU. Toys R Us can always seem picked over just because of the mess the aisle always seems to be in. But, when they get stuff in they usually only put out a box at a time, so like these come in a series of 4 cars, and maybe they'll have 2 of each pegged. So, its never overflowing by any means, but if you keep your eyes open they are there.

I hit Target and TRU mostly, with an occasional Wal Mart here and there, although they have been stocking HW like crazy lately. I dont normally like to buy at WM and wont buy music from them, but they do have the occasional series of die cast that you cant get anywhere else, so I cave and go for those.

M2 is usually a Target thing, but I also have a local store that carries them now, so I go there now to make it easy. Greenlight is a Meijers find around here.

And I have bought a couple things online, from 1Stop mostly.

Hope that helps....

PS. worst case, let me know... I am happy to pick up an extra as I find them if its something you just gotta have.

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet!

And, hey, I'm not around much anymore myself ... I try.....

I got that one recently, it's quite nice. Their Aerocoupe version so far has only been offered in chrome..would like to see them do a regular color issue.

Yeah, a regular color issue would be nice. I still have not found ANY of those MCs ... I keep finding the ones with the "big" engine coming out of the hood ... lol.

*sighs*

I suppose I'll have to go to some online retailers :(. Unless....

PS. worst case, let me know... I am happy to pick up an extra as I find them if its something you just gotta have.

Hmmm...well, you know which ones I want, doncha? ;) If you find 'em ... let me know. I think you still have my cell ph#, right? Not sure I'll get up to MI this year yet or not, but well, ya never know!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Let's make sure we don't give up" ... Tim McGraw ... 'Maybe We Should Just Sleep On It'

• 2 weeks later...