GM Replica Dealer Signs

I have 2 repro dealership service signs, the $20 flat round porcelin jobs: one for Authorized Pontiac Service, one for Buick. I also have an original double-sided dealership sign for Star Cars, one of the makes under Durant Motors, the Corporation Durant started after he left GM (the 2nd time). That one I found as opposed to bought. Otherwise, I try really hard to avoid buying automobilia; that's less dollars I can put into the real things.... Edited by balthazar

Posted Image

Wow, great post. :)

My eventual '59 LeSabre/Invicta/Electra will have a "valve-in-head" V8. B)

WOW! Those are amazing! I often look on ebay for old GM signs but never have any luck... I found an old Pontiac sign around Charlotte, neon and all, but they restored the dealership into "Pontiac Point," a restaurant and used the sign. Well, I guess we know what balthazar and 68 can order me for Christmas now. :D

Guest YellowJacket894
I bought a Chevy Service Department Clock for $12 bucks at some wierd shop that sells old metal signs, memorabillia, etc. It's made to look like an old clock from the '50s. Made out of solid wood and has a "Relic" finish. (I don't know what you'd technically call it, but it sort of makes me think of the Relic finish Fender's custom shop slaps on Strats electric guitars.) It was painted soild Butterscotch Blonde (again with the Fender refrences; but the color is simlar to a '52 Tele's) with white rings. Pretty cool; if I ever get a camera with decent quality, I'll post a pic.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, I'd LOVE to have that Oldsmobile sign. It would look great hanging above the couch in my game room, but I could never justify spending that much on it. If there are any volunteers, I can send you my shipping address;) . . . . ...Nobody? Ok, guess I'll have to be happy with my little round Oldsmobile Service sign for now. Had one heck of a time finding one. Every other division/brand, but the few Oldsmobile ones I found were porcelin. Finally managed to track down a tin one while on vacation a few years ago.