Free Buick Lucerne

HarleyEarl

FOR RELEASE: 2005-12-01 With Help from Dismissed Candidate, Martha Stewart Gives Daytime Audience Member a New Buick Lucerne Lori Quinlan from Monroe, New York unexpectedly takes home new Buick DETROIT – As part of a full launch campaign for the 2006 Buick Lucerne that includes a new tagline (Beyond Precision), new television commercials, new print/on-line advertising, and eventually Tiger Woods, Buick teamed with Martha Stewart’s daytime show to give a surprised audience member one of the newest, most luxurious Buicks today. During Wednesday night’s prime-time “The Apprentice: Martha Stewart” on NBC, teams competed to design an in-dealership launch showroom display for the all-new Buick Lucerne. During her daytime “Martha Stewart Living” Thursday, Dec. 1, Stewart and Buick teamed up to give away a Lucerne live to an audience member. Following an interview with Leslie -- who was released from Team Matchstick on Wednesday night’s show-- Stewart invited audience members to look under their seats for the key to a Lucerne. Lori Quinlan of Monroe, New York, was lucky enough to find the key under her seat. “This was a great surprise for one member of our terrific audience,” said Stewart. “It’s been great to work with Buick on this challenge and continue the good feelings here today.” The influence of the winning team’s creation, selected by Buick executives, will be experienced by prospective customers on December 13, when participating dealerships host a Lucerne V.I.P. Premiere Night. Viewers can RSVP for an invitation to a Lucerne V.I.P. Premiere Night party in their area via an online registration process at Buick.com. In addition to the car giveaway, elements of the Lucerne V.I.P. Premiere Night party were featured on Martha Stewart’s daytime show on December 1, 2005. Here, the party-planning diva showcased her influence on the upcoming Lucerne VIP Premiere Nights, from flowers and napkins to punch and hors d’ oeuvres, and will create a scene right out of the “Perfect Party Handbook”– a 20-page guide to entertaining brought to you by Buick and Martha Stewart Living. “Buick’s partnership with Martha Stewart to introduce the luxurious Lucerne reaches those consumers interested in upscale brands who might otherwise be unaware of the Lucerne ’s potential,” said Margaret Brooks, Buick marketing director. “By joining these two powerful brands it gives us a new opportunity to reach this ever-changing customer whose interests and tastes are as diverse as the people who view her programs.” About Lucerne Built “Beyond Precision,” the Lucerne is Buick’s third new vehicle in just over a year, following the LaCrosse midsize sedan and Terraza crossover sport-van. Lucerne offers an array of options, including a V-8 or V-6 power, three trim levels – the well-equipped CX, elegantly appointed CXL or the luxurious, performance-oriented CXS model. Standard on every Lucerne are OnStar, Quiet Tuning – Buick’s exclusive process to eliminate unwanted cabin noise – and a four-year/50,000 mile warranty. The sedan has a base manufacturer’s suggest retail price (MSRPs) ranging from $26,990 to$35,990. Lucerne is engineered to meet a wide variety of customer preferences and compete across a wide range of domestic and import entries in the premium midsize and luxury segments.

I'm waiting to here how this will hurt the Lucerne's resale value. After all, look at what Oprah did to the G6. :rolleyes: Anyway... I think this was a great idea by Buick to team up with Martha Stewart. I look forward to attending the Lucerne V.I.P. Premiere Night party at my dealership. :)

Well, the main problem with the G6 is that it wasn't a very good effort on GM's part. It is a very non-descript vehicle and the interior, although better then previous GM efforts, just wasn't up to par. The Lucerne on the other hand is much nicer and much more attractive.

^ I'm already jealous. I won't get the chance to go to mine. Buick is addressing a serious concern I've had with them for a while now. I'm excited that the divison that's supposed to be an American Lexus is addressing and catering upscale events for potential customers. This is part of what should be a luxurious experience to match the lineup's luxurious product. I saw the Martha Stewart episode and enjoyed it alot... The winning team came up with a great showroom display.