2010 Buick Allure CXL Test Drive

gorphil

I test drove a 2010 Buick Allure CXL on July 11, 2009 at the GM Canada test drive program at the Bramalea City Centre Mall. My reactions are as follows:

The exterior fit and finish was excellent.

The only glitch I noticed with the interior fit and finish was the intrument panel was installed about 1/8 inch too high on the left side so it does not line up with the door trim. Oddly, my 2008 Allure has the same problem.

The body structure appears to be very ridgid with good ride and handling characteristics. Steering is good.

The powertrain is very smooth.

In my opinion this car looks much better in a dark colour rather than light. It was midnight blue. The one I saw at the car show was silver. THe interior was ebony which seemed too dark for the dark blue exterior. I think titanium interior would be a better choice.

The fuel filler door on the right side is apppropriate for RH Drive vehicles not LH Drive.

When I buy my 2010 Buick Allure it will be my 26th new car, 22 of which have been GM products.

Thank you for your review. Could you be more detailed with your impressions on the interior?

The interior is excellent, high quality materials. It would require extensive review of the manual to operate the somewhat complex electronics. However, I am 74 years old and I think I can handle it.

Gorphil, please let us know in detail about your actual driving experience. Do not hesitate to write as much as you can.

The test drive lasted 5- 10 minutes with an organizer representative(not a GM employee) in the passenger seat. My overall driving experience was excellent. I will be able to comment more thoroughly when dealer stock is available as the test route was not very challenging.

The exterior design will not appeal to everyone and as I mentioned in my initial post colour makes a difference, to me at least.

How was the event in general. i was thinking of going but was busy.

Did they have Camaros to drive?

Glad you enjoyed the Allure experience!

The event was very well run. The rain stopped when the event opened at 10:00 AM.

There were two Camaros available. A long lineup soon developed for the Camaros.

I was only there for about half an hour and it appeared only the Camaros and the Allure were being driven.