FIDM(Fashion Institue of Design and Merchandising)

KaliRover

I'm planning on going there in the fall of 06', experiances anyone? I hear the work load is crazy, but the education is second to none with the entertainment industry in their backyard... levi strauss, Billabong, The Gap and many other brand's are located in and around the greater San Fransisco area... L.A., OC, and Sandiego have a ton of respectable names as well... has anyone in here visited the campus... ? Just curious, take care.

Some random sketches.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

yea I hope it's worth it, well there's tuition to factor in, the amount of work your givin, being away from family in another state, transportation, and many other thing's, then again, there's a job atmosphere that I'm gonna love, alot of money to be made in the Fashion Entertainment industry, and many other benefits' ... oh well, I just thing's balance out.

I don't know how much people spend on collage tuition, but I hope mine doesn't reach 70,000.

I was seeing a chick who went there, and went to the downtown campus with her once.  Nothing but chicks and gay guys.

[post="54633"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yea, I've heard. The clips of the school gave me that impression, and some of the people who have gone there have told me the same. Oh well.

Don't care though, I think the San Fransisco Campus is going to most likely be my choice, my first choice that is, but LA sound's good to, it's just about the housing and all. hopefully I can find a place that's at least an hour's drive to any of the campus, that'll determine which school I go to, not too happy about the 2000 dollars a month cost for on-campus housing. I'll figure something out.

Unless you bring a car or intend to be friends with people to use their cars, don't count on transportation anywhere but around SF.  LA/OC/SD have crappy public transport.

Family out of state?  It's a blessing.

[post="54273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, it's not really transportation that I'm worried about, it's finding a place to stay lol. If I can get that part of it taken cared of, then that's good enough haha. I do have family out of state, but most of them are pretty nasty, and live in the grimey hood's, it's gross, and I don't want to be around anywhere where the crime rate is high either. I have family who live around some place called Menlo Park, it seem's decent, I'll check them out and see their situation.

Kalli, right now I am in South-Central. It's pretty "rough" by statistical standards. At the same time, I don't feel unsafe. You just have to be smart about it. There are a lot of decent apartments around the USC-area, and there are also a lot of crappy ones as well. LA is a big city, and as far as fashion goes, I would recommend it over SF based on the Hollywood factor alone. Between Melrose, the Downtown Fashion District, Hollywood, OC, and Santa Monica (Promenade), there are so many fashion-oriented places. Plus the sunny weather is always a plus. It rains like 5 times a year, and nearly all in February.