Tookie: Live or Die?

AH-HA

So, should the Took man live or die?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. So, should the Took man live or die?

• Hell YEH! He's a murdering, gang banging thug!
    • Not Sure, I can't make a decision.
    • Hell No! Tookie Rocks!
    • Who's Tookie?!?!? Not that chick for Facts of Life!

The problem is that the death penality is inneffficent the way it is done today...I think they need an instant death penality---the judge sentences, then five min. later a bullet to the  head...

I'm definitely a bleeding-heart liberal, but I have no problem with a more efficient system of terminating convicted murderers, pedophiles, car thieves, etc..

[post="57759"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was 100% with you untill the last three words. Then I started thinking you might be sarcastic. (honestly asking) ?

I mean I'm 100% for the death penalty but only for rapists, violent criminals, murderers & such. Car theft, while annoying and deserving serious punishment, seems way too silly to execute someone over. If the person car-jacks someone at gunpoint then I'd understand a life sentance if it he had a very ugly rap sheet.

Theft not involving any violence or direct malice is a minor crime in the grand scheeme of things. A car, house, diamonds, gold etc. can be replaced to atleast the physical degree but a child's innosence, person's life etc. can not be bought, sold or replaced.

If and when I have a firearm I will not use it to prevent a car theft or anything along those lines. That's what insurance is for. Let them take my Camaro or whatever there's always insurance.

BUT

If someone ever attempts to hurt Marcia, my daughter or future kid(s), or even a friend I'll shoot first and ask questions later. My gun will probably be loaded with hollow-points too, so even one half-assed shot will mean there will be no trial where a scumy lawyer tries to paint some sick pedophile or whatever as a pillar of the community.

BUT

If someone ever attempts to hurt Marcia, my daughter or future kid(s), or even a friend I'll shoot first and ask questions later. My gun will probably be loaded with hollow-points too, so even one half-assed shot will mean there will be no trial where a scumy lawyer tries to paint some sick pedophile or whatever as a pillar of the community.

[post="57835"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

sad part is Sly, our legal system has become such a money engine that it would become your head on the block. Great fortunes would be spent both prosecuting and defending your right to defend that which is yours.....a natural instinct, embedded in our minds for thousands of years. A natural instinct that we are now no longer allowed to employ, because we have educated idiots, making the big bucks, spending all day creating new "laws".

this is why we bury the bodies up in the woods....................
evaporator nearly complete, my shovel will then be retired

:P

The jails are full because of the criminalization of nonviolent drug offenses.

[post="57669"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Clearly not enough attention was drawn to this. Non-violent criminals being locked up are constantly forcing out child-hungry pedophiles and convicted killers into our neighborhoods. Our priorities are in dire disorder.

The problem is that the death penality is inneffficent the way it is done today...I think they need an instant death penality---the judge sentences, then five min. later a bullet to the  head...

I'm definitely a bleeding-heart liberal, but I have no problem with a more efficient system of terminating convicted murderers, pedophiles, car thieves, etc..

[post="57759"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So what about the people that have been proven innocent on new evidence after their original trial ended in a conviction and a death sentence? In the past 30 years over 100 people in the US have been found innocent while awaiting execution on death row. You have no problem with executing innocents along with the guilty just to make sure we get them all?

I hear a lot of talk here about "what if someone you loved was hurt or killed, wouldn't you want to kill the bastard that hurt them". What if someone you loved was executed for a crime they didn't commit? If someone has been put in jail and isolated from society so that they can do no more harm I see no reason, other than a sadistic need for vengeance, to kill them.

If someone hurt/murdered/molested someone very close to me I wouldn't want them to die. I'd try to feel sorry for them and the unfortunate circumstances in their life that led to their mental instability and emotional immaturity that lead to their act of aggression, and I'd work toward forgiving them. Plus, it's punishment enough they would have to live with that on their conscience for life...and if they don't then they clearly are mental and shouldn't be killed for that reason!