Mystery 1921 car

Interesting- but there were SO many manufacturers back then, that it's a tough task.

Of note- the sharp angle where the front fender meets the running board- fairly unique.

Doesn't seem to match up with Fords, Maxwells, Dodges, Willys or Buicks.... the sales leaders in the mid-late teens... searching could take hours.

Solved: 1917 REO Touring

Looks like more than one model of '17 REO :

1917 REO Car #2

Lots of significant detail differences on this ^ car, and this one shows different hood louvers :

Another '17

Apparently "The Fifth" model is quite different. I do see other pics that match the car in question as '17 REOs - good work.

Edited by balthazar

Looks like more than one model of '17 REO :

1917 REO Car #2

Lots of significant detail differences on this ^ car, and this one shows different hood louvers :

Another '17

Apparently "The Fifth" model is quite different. I do see other pics that match the car in question as '17 REOs - good work.

One thing that threw me off were the front fender and how it came to a sharp angle like you mentioned earlier. If you google 1917 REO, some scale models and a couple pictures come up but the front fender curves in and the body seems to be more refined.

23reo01.jpg

But then I found this picture, also labeled as a 1917 REO

CAR.JPG

...and it looks to be the same vehicle as the earlier picture. At first I thought the people in this photo may have replaced the fender and running boards, but perhaps this was a base model.

Edited by mustang84

I saw that same pic too --but many people here in the Cyber-Age have just as much trouble ID'ing this era cars as we had here-- it could be mis-ID'd.

Even the bumper/frame height on the B&W car doesn't match the green car's... I can see changing fenders, radiator shells, 'bolt-on' components like that.... but it's unusual to change 'hard point' details like the curve at the cowl. Those 2 above share absolutely nothing. Still not 100% convinced.